Regarding Status Restoration.........

  • Sudhir
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3 2:59 PM
      My Dear Friends........

      My Friend has a situation which confuses us.........
      He came here to work on a temporary work permit....He applied for his
      extension before his work permit expired...The application is
      rejected as there were some docs missing......
      So, he contacted the CIC about the situation.....They asked him to
      apply for a "new work permit" and also "restoration of status".....it
      took 120 days for them to give a response....."that the case is
      transferred to the local office for clarifications"........When we
      checked the Website regarding status in this kind of case.........it
      says that "if the applicant wishes to stay in canada even after the
      expired status he can apply for restoration of status before 90 days
      of status expiry but he is not allowed to work.." and it also said "if
      an application is referred to a local office it might take upto 3
      months for them to contact the applicant" it is already 4 months
      after he applied for extension and also the restoration of status...

      Now the questions are......
      1) What should be his next step of action?
      2) He got a new job offer in the mean time....Can he apply for a work
      permit for his new job?
      3) Any how he cannot work....Should he apply for new work permit in a
      consulate outside Canada or should he wait for their response?
      4) Is this going to affect his aplication for CSQ which he already
      applied for when he was in status........as he applied for PR in the
      skilled worker category.....

      Pls suuggest us
      Thanx in advance