Level of french required

  • small_universe2003
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2003
      Hi All,
      I have this question: when you assess you have a certain level of
      french, how do they verify this, in federal I think it is through a
      TEF exam, here I have no clue.

      Thanks and good luck !
    • Gokul R
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2003
        As of now there is no standardized way of assesing
        French for Quebec immigration. The officer during the
        interview will assess your level directly.

        But I guess in the future with the number of
        applicants raising they may ask for a formal test to
        be taken, but as of now there is no test to be
        submitted. If you have done any French courses you can
        give them as a proof of your French knowledge. If you
        have done many courses in French, then cases of you
        getting a interview waiver are there.

        Having said that, French is just one of the important
        criteria for the immigration to Quebec,others being
        age, level of education and field of study.

        If your premilinary application goes through then your
        chances of getting CSQ is good, provided you have
        prepared well for the interview.

        --- small_universe2003 <small_universe2003@...>
        wrote:
        > Hi All,
        > I have this question: when you assess you have a
        > certain level of
        > french, how do they verify this, in federal I think
        > it is through a
        > TEF exam, here I have no clue.
        >
        > Thanks and good luck !

        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
      • James Chung
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2003
          well... apparently... most people are invited for
          interviews unless if you score at least 68 points on
          the Quebec system. So i guess they'll get an
          assessment of your level of French during the
          interview.

          hope this helps.

          http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com