running two PR application?

  • nobbir
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 10, 2005
      Experts, need your help. I applied for PR while I was in Bangladesh
      and sent the applicaiton to Singapore. While the applicaiton was in
      provess I came to Canada as a student. As I was living in Montreal I
      requested to change my destination provice to Quebec. I then got a
      request from Singapore CIC to submit a Quebec Selection Certificate
      (CSQ). I got the CSQ in October 2004 and sent it immediately to
      Singapore. It's almost 5 months I have not heard anything from them.

      Meanwhile, other students who applied, after receiving the CSQ
      directly to NY office got their PR visa in 3 to 6 months. It seems
      that if I apply with again with the CSQ then I'll get my PR status faster.

      I need your advice as to what to do? Should I cancel my previous
      application first? Or I can keep that and make a new application? Any
      suggestion or clue? Thanks in advance.

      Afreen
    • sskif
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 11, 2005
        I can't tell you what to do, sorry. I don't have enough statistics
        and information to make any recomendations, and probably nobody here
        does. But I can tell you what not to do. Don't make second
        application without withdrawing the first one. If they find out you
        had 2 application at once, you can get into trouble and will be
        declared inadmissable to Canada.

        --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "nobbir" <nobbir@y...>