Re: [immigrationquebec] Re: Documents to prove French/English skills

  • Max Pilipis
    Message 1 of 31 , Nov 1, 2003
      Hi there!!

      Thanks for your answer. I'm actually not assuming anything. I gave a read to the instructions on the package BOTH IN FRENCH AND ENGLISH at least 20 times. I have a level 6/7 of french, and 12 of english. The application is very clear in which documents you need to include depending if you are married, if you are applying from within canada, etc.

      In DOES NOT mention ANYWHERE in the package that you need to submit copies of passport, transcripts, nor birth certificates. I did have to get an official translation of my marriage certificate and my highschool diploma (both in spanish). I got a certified copy of my university in english.

      I can scan and upload the complete instruccions I got from the NY office if you or any other member of the group wants to see it.

      I'm going to actually guide myself by the instructions sent in my package, and not in what is on the net or any other place.

      Thanks,
      Max

      nvishwesh <nvishwesh@...> wrote:
      Hi Max.

      You are missing something here and your assumptions are off base.

      It has been clearly established and communicated on the CIC website
      (and the Quebec site) that the province of Quebec administers its
      immigration program in joint jurisdiction with the Canadian government
      (CIC)...meaning that Quebec does need to verify the personal,
      educational, professional & other credentials of every applicant and
      also do its own background checks etc before they issue the CSQ and
      transfer the case to regular CIC processing for the landing visa or
      permanent residence.

      Everyone on this bulletin group should realize that we are all
      involved in something extremely serious and important procedures
      here...immigrating to another country is not like joining a social
      club or a country club. There are strict rules and procedures that we
      need to abide by and cannot be compromised.

      The last thing we want to do is assume what we think is right(as
      opposed to what is actually the right thing) and then base our
      judgements and conclusions on those false assumptions. That just does
      not fly and may jeopardize the application in worst case scenarios.

      Please consult your application packet carefully or do not hesitate
      to call SIQ offices for clarifications if anything is unclear. While
      the chat group can try and help each other, we are not any better in
      knowing the exact process.

      --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, Max Pilipis <maxez@y...>
      wrote:
      > If you think about it, its NOT SO CRAZY that Quebec don't ask for a
      birth certificate, nor even a copy of your passport.

      > The province of Quebec is ONLY responsible to determine if you are
      usefull or not for their province. They already got your name. Even
      if they weave your interview, you WILL have to present your original
      passport and birth certificate to the canadian federal authorities.
      So if you lied about your identity to Quebec, you are screwed at this
      stage anyways.

      > SO they might have realized that it was redundant, and just stopped
      asking for it.

      > I think this makes sense, but I might be missing something here.

      > Thanks,
      > Max
      >
      > Karen <karen_tgha@y...> wrote:
      >        I'm not sure about high-school transcripts - they did not
      request that from me, and I actually cannot provided those because in
      my country I had to surrender those to university for entrance. So I
      provided the copy of university diploma. And there was no request for
      transcripts later on.
      >        But I think that certified copy of passport and birth
      certificate are essential for considering application. These
      documents certify your age and identification. Besides, if you're in
      US, copy of passport visa page and other documents proving your
      status in States must be presented in form of copies.

      > Max Pilipis <maxez@y...> wrote:
      > Hey Ganesh,

      > The list I got on my application is far less that what they ask
      there (the document I received is from Sept 5, 2003).

      > I understand what you are saying, but unfortunatelly, I don't have
      all the stuff they ask on that site, so I'm gonna send what's on the
      package list and I let you guys know what happened. I'm thinking,
      worse case scenario, I get a letter asking for additional stuff.

      > This that are not required on the package but are required on the
      site are:

      > Passport
      > Transcripts
      > Birth Certificates

      > Thanks,
      > Max

      Service.

    • nvishwesh
      Message 31 of 31 , Nov 3, 2003
        Folks.

        For those of us in the US, was wondering if previous work reference
        letters or work certificates that you submitted to the SIQ offices in
        NY explicitly called out the no. of hours worked per week.

        Most appointment letters or even reference letters usually detail the
        job title held, the roles and responsibilities and the start and end
        date. For many 'exempt' employees, the standard work hours are 40 but
        it is not detailed unless you happen to be an hourly worker.

        Question is...(esp. for folks who have got their CSQs and if they
        happen to read the posting)...if the reference letters do not mention
        no. of hours worked explicitly does it generate a query for each
        applicant?

        Thanks

        wrote:
        > They ask you for certified copies of what??
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Max
        >
        > James Chung <chungosaurus@y...> wrote:
        > they asked me for certified copies!
        >
        > --- Max Pilipis <maxez@y...> wrote:
        > > I absolutelly agree... In fact, the list in this
        > > package says to send "copies " of the employment
        > > letters. Unlike other copies (like college degree,
        > > etc...) it doesn't even say they need to be
        > > certified.
        > >
        > > Wesley Cannon <wncannon@y...> wrote:I just have
        > > one suggestion...make copies of everything you send
        > > them. Someone in this group not long ago had an
        > > issue with documents. They didn't make copies,
        > > which I don't understand why not, and they then
        > > needed copies again and had to start at square one.
        > > I think it was in regards to letters from employers.
        > > So, make copies, copies, copies....it never hurts
        > > to have too many!
        > >
        > > Wes
        > >
        > > Ravi Rao <mail@r...> wrote:
        > > * ivsmphl [Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 03:05:36PM -0000]:
        > >
        > > IVS> You don't need to submit proof of language
        > > skills unless it's not
        > > IVS> clear from your resume how you know the
        > > language. Here is a scale
        > > IVS> that will help you:
        > > IVS>
        > > IVS>
        > >
        > http://206.162.174.213/dpi/pdf/fr/Niveaux_competence.pdf
        > >
        > > Thanks a lot! I wish I had had this before I
        > > sent in my application.
        > >
        > > IAC, I have taken the liberty of uploading it
        > > to the 'files' section
        > > [1] of the group webpages. If anyone feels like
        > > making some webpages, or
        > > maintaining some sorta 'online' presence, I can
        > > provide ad-free server
        > > space, etc. Lemme know,
        > >
        > > --ravi.
        > >
        > > [1]