Re: cash benefit for chilfren

  • Arthur
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 23, 2005
      Helo Minerva,
      Thank You!
      that helps much

      do You know from which age children are applicable for kidergarten?
      (for example 2 yaers old)

      With Best Regards

      --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, Minerva Fernandez
      <mini2404@y...> wrote:
      > Hi Arthur:
      >
      > Yes, there is cash benefit for children. The federal goverment pays
      the Canada Child Tax benefit (see
      > http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/benefits/menu-e.html) and also the Quebec
      Goverment started this year to pay what is called Child Assistance
      (see http://www.rrq.gouv.qc.ca/an/soutien_enfants/19.htm). This is
      only for canadian citizens and permanent residents. In case you are in
      Canada with a work permit for example, you have to be living here for
      18 months before be elegible to apply.

      > Both benefits are calculated based in your income from the year
      before (the one declared in your income tax), so they change every
      year based in you economic situation.

      > Hope this help.
      >
      > Mini
      >

      > Arthur <arth_p@y...> wrote:
      >
      > Hello friends
      >
      > does any body know if there is any cash benefit for children?
      >
      > With Best Regards

    • Minerva Fernandez
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 23, 2005
        Hi

        I don't really know what you mean whit the phrase "applicable for kindergarten". The school start at age 5, but I don't know much about that since my kids are still small (3 years one and only 2 months the other). My daughter (3 years) is going to a daycare and I know they have a class with 4 year old kids. After that they go to pre-school and they start grade 1 at age 6.

        MINI

        <mini2404@y...> wrote:
        > Hi Arthur:
        >
        > Yes, there is cash benefit for children. The federal goverment pays
        the Canada Child Tax benefit (see
        > http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/benefits/menu-e.html) and also the Quebec
        Goverment started this year to pay what is called Child Assistance
        (see http://www.rrq.gouv.qc.ca/an/soutien_enfants/19.htm). This is
        only for canadian citizens and permanent residents. In case you are in
        Canada with a work permit for example, you have to be living here for
        18 months before be elegible to apply.

        > Both benefits are calculated based in your income from the year
        before (the one declared in your income tax), so they change every
        year based in you economic situation.

        > Hope this help.
        >
        > Mini
        >

        > Arthur <arth_p@y...> wrote:
        >
        > Hello friends
        >
        > does any body know if there is any cash benefit for children?
        >
        > With Best Regards

      • Arthur
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 23, 2005
          Hi
          Thank You for reply.

          I mean from which age starts the kindergarten?
          And may be the daycare is the same as kindergarten?

          It's also was interesting to know from which age is starting the
          preschool.
          My boy is one year old. I am wondering if we will come to Quebec,
          should we pay additional money for my boy taken care, or he can go to
          kindergarten.

          And what about daycare is it free of charge?

          <mini2404@y...> wrote:
          > Hi
          >
          > I don't really know what you mean whit the phrase "applicable for
          kindergarten". The school start at age 5, but I don't know much about
          that since my kids are still small (3 years one and only 2 months the
          other). My daughter (3 years) is going to a daycare and I know they
          have a class with 4 year old kids. After that they go to pre-school
          and they start grade 1 at age 6.

          > MINI
          >

          > Arthur <arth_p@y...> wrote:
          >
          > Helo Minerva,
          > Thank You!
          > that helps much
          >
          > do You know from which age children are applicable for kidergarten?
          > (for example 2 yaers old)
          >
          > With Best Regards
          >
          > --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, Minerva Fernandez
          > <mini2404@y...> wrote:
          > > Hi Arthur:
          > >
          > > Yes, there is cash benefit for children. The federal goverment pays
          > the Canada Child Tax benefit (see
          > > http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/benefits/menu-e.html) and also the Quebec
          > Goverment started this year to pay what is called Child Assistance
          > (see http://www.rrq.gouv.qc.ca/an/soutien_enfants/19.htm). This is
          > only for canadian citizens and permanent residents. In case you are in
          > Canada with a work permit for example, you have to be living here for
          > 18 months before be elegible to apply.
          > >
          > > Both benefits are calculated based in your income from the year
          > before (the one declared in your income tax), so they change every
          > year based in you economic situation.
          > >
          > > Hope this help.
          > >
          > > Mini
          > >

          > > Arthur <arth_p@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello friends
          > >
          > > does any body know if there is any cash benefit for children?
          > >
          > > With Best Regards

          Service.

        • sskif
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 27, 2005
            Daycare == kindergarden ( German, I suppose? )

            There are 2 kind of daycare in quebec - government subsidized and
            private. In first case you'll pay 7 dollars a day (non-tax
            deductable), in second case it's 20 dollars a day ( tax deductable ).
            To get a placement in government subsidized daycare you will need to
            apply in advance, depending of the population situation you can wait
            up to 1 year for the opening.

            --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "Arthur" <arth_p@y...>
            wrote:

            > Hi
            > Thank You for reply.
            >
            > I mean from which age starts the kindergarten?
            > And may be the daycare is the same as kindergarten?
            >
            > It's also was interesting to know from which age is starting the
            > preschool.
            > My boy is one year old. I am wondering if we will come to Quebec,
            > should we pay additional money for my boy taken care, or he can go
            > kindergarten.
            >
            > And what about daycare is it free of charge?
            >
            > With Best Regards
            >

            > --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, Minerva Fernandez
            > <mini2404@y...> wrote:
            > > Hi
            > >
            > > I don't really know what you mean whit the phrase "applicable for
            > kindergarten". The school start at age 5, but I don't know much
            about
            > that since my kids are still small (3 years one and only 2 months
            the
            > other). My daughter (3 years) is going to a daycare and I know they
            > have a class with 4 year old kids. After that they go to pre-school
            > and they start grade 1 at age 6.
            > >
            > > MINI
            > >

            > > Arthur <arth_p@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Helo Minerva,
            > > Thank You!
            > > that helps much
            > >
            > > do You know from which age children are applicable for
            kidergarten?
            > > (for example 2 yaers old)
            > >
            > > With Best Regards
            > >
            > > --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, Minerva Fernandez
            > > <mini2404@y...> wrote:
            > > > Hi Arthur:
            > > >
            > > > Yes, there is cash benefit for children. The federal goverment
            pays
            > > the Canada Child Tax benefit (see
            > > > http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/benefits/menu-e.html) and also the
            Quebec
            > > Goverment started this year to pay what is called Child Assistance
            > > (see http://www.rrq.gouv.qc.ca/an/soutien_enfants/19.htm). This is
            > > only for canadian citizens and permanent residents. In case you
            are in
            > > Canada with a work permit for example, you have to be living here
            for
            > > 18 months before be elegible to apply.
            > > >
            > > > Both benefits are calculated based in your income from the year
            > > before (the one declared in your income tax), so they change every
            > > year based in you economic situation.
            > > >
            > > > Hope this help.
            > > >
            > > > Mini
            > > >

            > > > Arthur <arth_p@y...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hello friends
            > > >
            > > > does any body know if there is any cash benefit for children?
            > > >
            > > > With Best Regards
          • Minerva Fernandez
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 28, 2005
              I can add that the private daycare are not always 20 dollars, but as sskif wrote they are very expensive (minimum 15 dollars a day and it can go uo to more that 20 dollars). The good thing is that you will get back part of this money from the government once you file your income tax.

              As sskif mentions, the subsidized daycare are EXTREMELY difficult to find and the waiting list are most of the time more that 1 year (2 + years). People normally start with a private daycare while they wait for a free space in one of the subsidized.

              Hope this help

              MINI