More than a year to have an interview scheduled for CSQ in USA

  • sneigeow
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 8, 2004
      Just thought I would share with people here. I posted this in
      "What steps to take at this stage" at misc.immigration.canada group.

      I've applied for CSQ in NYC in Febr 2004. Since August I've been
      waiting for the date of the interview. After inquiring recently about
      the date (via fax), they replied (letter) that it takes 8 months of
      waiting currently on average.

      I regret going through Quebec. I may not even be in US at that point,
      plus with all the security checks that a person like me who lived in
      a couple of countries since 18 the whole thing will take years for me.

      Denis
    • Naughty Jimmy
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 10, 2004
        Hi,

        > I regret going through Quebec. I may not even be in US at that point,
        > plus with all the security checks that a person like me who lived in
        > a couple of countries since 18 the whole thing will take years for me.

        AFAIK, immigrating via the Federal program usually takes much longer
        than via CSQ (although this is not always the case).

        I think you should just do what Ravi told you in
        misc.immigration.canada, be patient and wait for your interview and if
        you still don't receive your interview date, contact the SIQ again.

        In case you move out of the US before the completion of your CSQ
        process, I'd suggest that you ask that your CSQ file be transferred to
        the SIQ bureau in charge of your new country of residence.

        Good luck,

        Cheers,

        Jimmy
      • Ravi Rao
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 11, 2004
          On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 16:47:44 -0000, sneigeow <sneigeow@...> wrote:

          > I regret going through Quebec. I may not even be in US at that point,

          Live and learn. Quebec immigration is not for people who want
          "quick/easy canadian permanent residency" and you are learning the
          hard way. You go through quebec immigration because you want to live
          in Quebec.

          --ravi.
        • Ravi Rao
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 11, 2004
            On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 18:21:06 -0000, Naughty Jimmy
            <anxiousman80@...> wrote:

            > I think you should just do what Ravi told you in
            > misc.immigration.canada, be patient and wait for your interview and if
            > you still don't receive your interview date, contact the SIQ again.

            This is my problem with being on the internet that I just give up and
            ignore usenet/mailing lists etc. I find many people (more so on usenet
            than in here) posting the same question a thousand times over just in
            the hope of receiving different responses each time, one of which they
            would find favorable.

            > In case you move out of the US before the completion of your CSQ
            > process, I'd suggest that you ask that your CSQ file be transferred to
            > the SIQ bureau in charge of your new country of residence.

            IAC - the purpose of this message was to mention that the MRCI is very
            very good with file transfers. If you need this to be done, by all
            means, go for it. Unlike federal processing where a file transfer can
            easily add an 8-10 month processing time, file transfer at the CSQ
            level is very fast/efficient and painless.

            cheers,

            --ravi.
          • sneigeow
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 11, 2004
              --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "Naughty Jimmy"
              > AFAIK, immigrating via the Federal program usually takes much longer
              > than via CSQ (although this is not always the case).

              I didn't know this.

              > I think you should just do what Ravi told you in
              > misc.immigration.canada, be patient and wait for your interview and
              if
              > you still don't receive your interview date, contact the SIQ again.

              and what have I done differently? I AM waiting - just checked on the
              status as Ravi suggested.

              Denis
            • sneigeow
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 11, 2004
                --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, Ravi Rao <ravi.rao@g...>
                wrote:

                > > In case you move out of the US before the completion of your CSQ
                > > process, I'd suggest that you ask that your CSQ file be
                transferred to
                > > the SIQ bureau in charge of your new country of residence.
                >
                > IAC - the purpose of this message was to mention that the MRCI is
                very
                > very good with file transfers. If you need this to be done, by all
                > means, go for it. Unlike federal processing where a file transfer
                can
                > easily add an 8-10 month processing time, file transfer at the CSQ
                > level is very fast/efficient and painless.

                That's nice to know. So the process than doesn't start all over?
                Denis
              • sneigeow
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 11, 2004
                  wrote:
                  > On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 16:47:44 -0000, sneigeow <sneigeow@y...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > I regret going through Quebec. I may not even be in US at that
                  point,

                  > Live and learn. Quebec immigration is not for people who want
                  > "quick/easy canadian permanent residency" and you are learning the
                  > hard way. You go through quebec immigration because you want to live
                  > in Quebec.
                  >
                  > --ravi.

                  Tough crowd :-)
                • Naughty Jimmy
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 13, 2004
                    > > IAC - the purpose of this message was to mention that the MRCI is
                    > very
                    > > very good with file transfers. If you need this to be done, by all
                    > > means, go for it. Unlike federal processing where a file transfer
                    > can
                    > > easily add an 8-10 month processing time, file transfer at the CSQ
                    > > level is very fast/efficient and painless.
                    >
                    > That's nice to know. So the process than doesn't start all over?
                    > Denis

                    I assume it doesn't, but I've never dealt personally with file
                    transfers, so I cannot tell you for sure!

                    Jimmy.