Self Financial sufficiency

  • ali mir ilyas
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 5, 2004
      Hi,

      Being skilled worker Quebec nominee immigrant, how much money one should possess during landing time at the airport to immigration officer???

      Can we take cash along with us???

      Could immigrant land at any Canadian airport or he/she should land only in Quebec region???

      Thanks in advance

      -Ilyas.

    • Naughty Jimmy
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 6, 2004
        Hi,

        > Being skilled worker Quebec nominee immigrant, how much money one
        should possess during landing time at the airport to immigration
        officer???

        Sorry, but I don't know.

        > Can we take cash along with us???

        I think it's not recommended to carry cash when travelling.

        > Could immigrant land at any Canadian airport or he/she should land
        only in Quebec region???

        Please see message 2231 in this group.

        I'll live in Quebec! Absolutely!

        Cheers,

        Jimmy
      • prady nilson
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 12, 2004
          Hi ali,
          I think u shd take the money u had mentioned in CSQ application....Cash shd be ok if its not in coins...I thing u have to land in quebec...catch a flight to montreal...

          pradeep

          ali mir ilyas <ilyas_irfan@...> wrote:
          Hi,

          Being skilled worker Quebec nominee immigrant, how much money one should possess during landing time at the airport to immigration officer???

          Can we take cash along with us???

          Could immigrant land at any Canadian airport or he/she should land only in Quebec region???

          Thanks in advance

          -Ilyas.

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        • ducthanhcanada
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 13, 2004
            Check in Immigration Quebec website, I remember it should cover your
            living of the first 3 months. You shouldn't bring cash along with you
            as it's dangerous practice.

            You're better land in Quebec. First, to show your good faith, second,
            Quebec has a better support for new immigrant. (My friend study full-
            time French for free and got bursary around 500 CAD a month)

            Hope it helps.

            --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, prady nilson
            <prady_nilson@y...> wrote:
            > Hi ali,
            > I think u shd take the money u had mentioned in CSQ
            application....Cash shd be ok if its not in coins...I thing u have to
            land in quebec...catch a flight to montreal...

            > pradeep
            >
            > ali mir ilyas <ilyas_irfan@y...> wrote:
            > Hi,
            >
            > Being skilled worker Quebec nominee immigrant, how much money one
            should possess during landing time at the airport to immigration
            officer???

            > Can we take cash along with us???
            >
            > Could immigrant land at any Canadian airport or he/she should land
            only in Quebec region???

            > Thanks in advance
            >
            > -Ilyas.

            > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            Service.

          • ali mir ilyas
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 13, 2004
              Many thanks to ducthanhcanada, prady nilson and naughty jimmy for their vaulable inputs, however in Immigration quebec website it has given that we must carry $2446 for the first 3 months expenses, so is it the minimum amount we must carry???
              http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/anglais/immigration/permanent-worker/definitions.html#financial-selfsufficient
              Then what about the $ 9897 which has given in the federal website???
              http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/qual-4.html

              Being a quebec nominee, which one (either quebec or federal) should we suppose to follow and if I am carrying $2446 along with me, will it be any problem with immigration officer at the airport???

              Secondly I am a UK resident and HSBC account holder, will it be alright if I carry only HSBC bank statement??? rather than draft or travellers cheques along with me as HSBC also have presence in Canada and the bank is very flexible globally for all its services???

              Thanks in advance.
              -Ilyas

              <prady_nilson@y...> wrote:
              > Hi ali,
              > I think u shd take the money u had mentioned in CSQ
              application....Cash shd be ok if its not in coins...I thing u have to
              land in quebec...catch a flight to montreal...

              > pradeep
              >
              > ali mir ilyas <ilyas_irfan@y...> wrote:
              > Hi,
              >
              > Being skilled worker Quebec nominee immigrant, how much money one
              should possess during landing time at the airport to immigration
              officer???

              > Can we take cash along with us???
              >
              > Could immigrant land at any Canadian airport or he/she should land
              only in Quebec region???

              > Thanks in advance
              >
              > -Ilyas.

              > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              Service.

              Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            • Ravi Rao
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 14, 2004
                On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 19:05:22 -0800 (PST), ali mir ilyas
                <ilyas_irfan@...> wrote:

                > Being a quebec nominee, which one (either quebec or federal) should we suppose to follow and if I am carrying $2446 along with me, will it be any problem with immigration officer at the airport???

                No - that is fine.

                > Secondly I am a UK resident and HSBC account holder, will it be alright if I carry only HSBC bank statement???

                Yes - that is fine.

                Please consider line-wrapping at 72 characters ... Yahoo! Mail lets
                you set this ...

                --r.
              • Naughty Jimmy
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 17, 2004
                  Hi Ilyas,

                  First of all, please keep in mind that I'm no expert, so don't take my
                  advice for Gospel truth.

                  > Many thanks to ducthanhcanada, prady nilson and naughty jimmy for
                  their vaulable inputs, however in Immigration quebec website it has
                  given that we must carry $2446 for the first 3 months expenses, so is
                  it the minimum amount we must carry???

                  I believe it's the minimum amount you have to prove you possess when
                  submitting your *Quebec* immigration application.

                  http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/anglais/immigration/permanent-worker/definitions.html#financial-selfsufficient
                  > Then what about the $ 9897 which has given in the federal website???
                  > http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/qual-4.html

                  I believe it's the minimum amount you have to prove you possess when
                  submitting your *Federal* immigration application.

                  > Being a quebec nominee, which one (either quebec or federal) should
                  we suppose to follow and if I am carrying $2446 along with me, will it
                  be any problem with immigration officer at the airport???

                  Frankly, I don't know which amount applies to Quebec nominees,
                  but anyway, once again, don't carry much cash while travelling,
                  because it's dangerous to carry large amounts of cash.

                  I believe you should prepare to produce to customs/immigration officer
                  when landing some sort of bank statement proving the amount of your funds.

                  > Secondly I am a UK resident and HSBC account holder, will it be
                  alright if I carry only HSBC bank statement??? rather than draft or
                  travellers cheques along with me as HSBC also have presence in Canada
                  and the bank is very flexible globally for all its services???

                  I assume a bank statement is OK.

                  Good luck,

                  Cheers,

                  Jimmy