CAIPS

  • de_lacroixr
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 1, 2004
      What does CAIPS stand for?
      Thanks,
      Robert
    • Ravi Rao
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 1, 2004
        Google is your friend.

        http://www.google.ca/

        --r.

        * de_lacroixr [Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 05:47:56PM -0000]:

        > What does CAIPS stand for?
        > Thanks,
        > Robert
      • de_lacroixr
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 1, 2004
          Welcome to CAIPS FileCheck!
          What Is 'CAIPS'?
          CAIPS is short for 'Computer Assisted Immigration Processing
          System'. It is the computer system used by Citizenship & Immigration
          Canada to process visa applications. CAIPS holds all the information
          on the current status of every immigration application.

          Why Is This Interesting?
          If you are not applying for a Canadian Permanent Resident visa, then
          this will not be interesting! If you are applying then you might be
          surprised to know that you can obtain a copy of your CAIPS file and
          find out what has happened to your application, what will happen
          next, and when. For more detailed information on what is in your
          CAIPS file, see our sample CAIPS files.

          Should I Get My CAIPS File?
          There are many situations where you may want to get your CAIPS file.
          If you have been asked to attend an interview, then you should
          definitely get your CAIPS file to find out why the interview was
          requested, so that you can be well prepared for the interview. Any
          reputable immigration consultant would request the CAIPS file in
          this circumstance.

          Also, if you feel that your application is taking longer than usual,
          or you have not heard anything from the visa office for a
          surprisingly long time, then you should consider getting your CAIPS
          file to check that your application is on track. We have frequently
          tracked unexplained delays down to missing letters or documents
          which have been highlighted as soon as the CAIPS file is obtained.

          Finally if you have any other worry about your application status or
          progress, or are just generally curious as to what has happened so
          far, then you can get your CAIPS file to put your mind at rest.

          How Do I Get My CAIPS File?
          Getting your CAIPS file is cheap and easy. You can find easy to
          follow instructions in our application guide

          --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, Ravi Rao <mail@r...> wrote:
          > Google is your friend.
          >
          > http://www.google.ca/
          >
          > --r.
          >
          > * de_lacroixr [Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 05:47:56PM -0000]:
          >
          > > What does CAIPS stand for?
          > > Thanks,
          > > Robert
        • H Sandhu
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 3, 2004
            Dear Reader,
            This is H Sandhu from india . i had applied for quebec immigration in feb 2002. on aug 2004 i got a letter stating that my interview would be held in new delhi soon . but i havent heard from them yet.should i file a CAIPS report . if yes where?
            do u have any idea when will the interviews will be scheduled here in india?
            ill be thankful
            regards
            H Sandhu

            --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, Ravi Rao wrote:
            > Google is your friend.
            >
            > http://www.google.ca/
            >
            > --r.
            >
            > * de_lacroixr [Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 05:47:56PM -0000]:
            >
            > > What does CAIPS stand for?
            > > Thanks,
            > > Robert

          • Real Name
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 5, 2004
              --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, H Sandhu <harrys_27@y...> wrote:

              > This is H Sandhu from india .
              > i had applied for quebec immigration in feb 2002.
              > on aug 2004 i got a letter stating that my interview
              > would be held in new delhi soon . but i havent heard from them
              > yet.should i file a CAIPS report . if yes where?

              The key question is - Who did you get the letter from?

              If you are talking about a letter from MRCI w.r.t. to an interview to
              determine whether or not you qualify for a CSQ, the CAIPS check will
              yield no (useful) results.

              If however you already have a CSQ and applied to CHC New Delhi (or
              whatever else), and this is an interview from C&IC, you should request
              CAIPS.

              > do u have any idea when will the interviews will
              > be scheduled here in india?

              No, good luck though.

              My only suggestion is that it is not a bad idea to take more french
              lessons while waiting for the interview.

              --ravi.