Re: Deadline passed on receiving letter

  • Minerva Fernandez
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 1, 2004
      Hi Sa:

      I am still expecting my medical request. I applied at the end of
      May. Be patient.

      MINI
    • Ravi Rao
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 1, 2004
        * Minerva Fernandez [Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 12:51:46PM -0000]:

        > I am still expecting my medical request. I applied at the end of
        > May. Be patient.

        Mini - If I were you, I would send a fax to Buffalo requesting file status.

        --ravi.
        --
        Universities are places of knowledge. The freshman each bring a little
        in with them, and the seniors take none away, so knowledge accumulates.
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 1, 2004
          Thanks Ravi. I will wait for a few days more. Is possible that they sent the documents to the old addres. Yesterday I received lots of mail in my new address for the first time, and at least one of them I know was sent to me 2 weeks ago. So, the mail forwarding is working, but for some reason the mail is taking more time if they have to forward it.

          I dont know if you read my mail yesterday in the forum. The e-client is showing my old address again. I dont know what happen. I tried to send a FAX but it did not went through. It seems that the number they send me with the change of address notice (toguether with thee AOR is not a FAX number). I will try with some other number I got.

          Greetings,

          MINI

          Ravi Rao <mail@...> wrote:
          * Minerva Fernandez [Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 12:51:46PM -0000]:

          > I am still expecting my medical request. I applied at the end of
          > May. Be patient.

          Mini - If I were you, I would send a fax to Buffalo requesting file status.

          --ravi.
          --
          Universities are places of knowledge. The freshman each bring a little
          in with them, and the seniors take none away, so knowledge accumulates.

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        • Gokul R
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 1, 2004
            Online change of address, AFAIK, is only for applications processed
            inside Canada, and for addresses in Canada. Since yours is being
            processed in Buffalo, it might not have worked.

            Checking with people living at your old address would not be a bad
            idea.

            ~Gokul

            --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, Minerva Fernandez
            <mini2404@y...> wrote:
            > Thanks Ravi. I will wait for a few days more. Is possible that
            they sent the documents to the old addres. Yesterday I received lots
            of mail in my new address for the first time, and at least one of
            them I know was sent to me 2 weeks ago. So, the mail forwarding is
            working, but for some reason the mail is taking more time if they
            have to forward it.

            > I dont know if you read my mail yesterday in the forum. The e-
            client is showing my old address again. I dont know what happen. I
            tried to send a FAX but it did not went through. It seems that the
            number they send me with the change of address notice (toguether
            with thee AOR is not a FAX number). I will try with some other
            number I got.

            > Greetings,
            >
            > MINI
            >

            > Ravi Rao <mail@r...> wrote:
            > * Minerva Fernandez [Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 12:51:46PM -0000]:
            >
            > > I am still expecting my medical request. I applied at the end of
            > > May. Be patient.
            >
            > Mini - If I were you, I would send a fax to Buffalo requesting
            file status.

            > --ravi.
            > --
            > Universities are places of knowledge. The freshman each bring a
            little
            > in with them, and the seniors take none away, so knowledge
            accumulates.

            > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            Service.

          • Ravi Rao
            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 1, 2004
              * Gokul R [Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 03:44:37PM -0000]:

              > Online change of address, AFAIK, is only for applications processed
              > inside Canada, and for addresses in Canada. Since yours is being
              > processed in Buffalo, it might not have worked.

              Huh? Mini's address *is* in Canada ... I did an online change of address and
              it worked fine. I am processing via Buffalo as well.

              > Checking with people living at your old address would not be a bad
              > idea.

              Canada Post does mail forwarding for a price. If you do not have it setup
              already, you probably should consider it, Mini.

              --ravi.
              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 1, 2004
                I don't know, that's what the website for change of address says
                (that the case should be processed 'in' canada).
                http://services3.cic.gc.ca/coa/onlineservices_change.do?
                language=english

                It would be safe to send a fax to Buffalo about the change of
                address.

                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 2, 2004
                  * Gokul R [Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 05:49:31PM -0000]:

                  > I don't know, that's what the website for change of address says
                  > (that the case should be processed 'in' canada).
                  > http://services3.cic.gc.ca/coa/onlineservices_change.do?
                  > language=english

                  Gokul: You are right. I stand corrected.

                  I am however disappointed because I did speak with a C&IC agent on some 1800
                  number that said it was OK to effect a change of addr online, and that was
                  what I did, and it let me do it, and it displays my new address just fine.
                  What gives? I think I am not concerned because I have addr fwd-ing until
                  about end Feb 2005, ... but still ... it would suck if C&IC sent something
                  to my old addr. and it got lost. ;-/

                  Sigh.

                  > It would be safe to send a fax to Buffalo about the change of
                  > address.

                  Yes, I agree.

                  --ravi.