Re: Deadline passed on receiving letter

  • sadugudu88
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 31, 2004
      hi, are there any people in this group who are expecting their
      medical requests. i had submitted my app. in june and am still
      waiting. i know one needs patience, but, at the same time i am
      eager to know if there are others waiting. one thing though, if you
      look at last years time line, things seem to have moved faster than
      this time...

      Sa.

      --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, Ravi Rao <mail@r...> wrote:
      > Two pieces of good news from my side:
      >
      > a) I got my medicals request (+interview waiver, obviously)
      > b) I did _not_ get my RCMP fprint request
      >
      > (a) => implies that buffalo is still alive ... :)
      > (b) => implies that my old rcmp prints via client-id (rather than
      file#)
      > went through just fine :)
      >
      > I had neglected to write "not applicable" in a couple entries (military,
      > government service etc. on IMM 0008E) and thus got a fresh "background
      > information form" asking for those pieces of info along w/ the meds.
      >
      > As Oliver notes he had the same problem, it just means you guys
      should be
      > more awake when you fill out your federal forms before mailing ... the
      > annoying part is that I filled out my stuff back in Aug 2003 when I
      didn't
      > know about t

      his whole "N/A" requirement, but I knew of it from around Dec\

    • Minerva Fernandez
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 1 5:51 AM
        Hi Sa:

        I am still expecting my medical request. I applied at the end of
        May. Be patient.

        MINI
      • Ravi Rao
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 1 7:48 AM
          * Minerva Fernandez [Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 12:51:46PM -0000]:

          > I am still expecting my medical request. I applied at the end of
          > May. Be patient.

          Mini - If I were you, I would send a fax to Buffalo requesting file status.

          --ravi.
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 1 8:02 AM
            Thanks Ravi. I will wait for a few days more. Is possible that they sent the documents to the old addres. Yesterday I received lots of mail in my new address for the first time, and at least one of them I know was sent to me 2 weeks ago. So, the mail forwarding is working, but for some reason the mail is taking more time if they have to forward it.

            I dont know if you read my mail yesterday in the forum. The e-client is showing my old address again. I dont know what happen. I tried to send a FAX but it did not went through. It seems that the number they send me with the change of address notice (toguether with thee AOR is not a FAX number). I will try with some other number I got.

            Greetings,

            MINI

            Ravi Rao <mail@...> wrote:
            * Minerva Fernandez [Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 12:51:46PM -0000]:

            > I am still expecting my medical request. I applied at the end of
            > May. Be patient.

            Mini - If I were you, I would send a fax to Buffalo requesting file status.

            --ravi.
            --
            Universities are places of knowledge. The freshman each bring a little
            in with them, and the seniors take none away, so knowledge accumulates.

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          • Gokul R
            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 1 8:44 AM
              Online change of address, AFAIK, is only for applications processed
              inside Canada, and for addresses in Canada. Since yours is being
              processed in Buffalo, it might not have worked.

              Checking with people living at your old address would not be a bad
              idea.

              ~Gokul

              --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, Minerva Fernandez
              <mini2404@y...> wrote:
              > Thanks Ravi. I will wait for a few days more. Is possible that
              they sent the documents to the old addres. Yesterday I received lots
              of mail in my new address for the first time, and at least one of
              them I know was sent to me 2 weeks ago. So, the mail forwarding is
              working, but for some reason the mail is taking more time if they
              have to forward it.

              > I dont know if you read my mail yesterday in the forum. The e-
              client is showing my old address again. I dont know what happen. I
              tried to send a FAX but it did not went through. It seems that the
              number they send me with the change of address notice (toguether
              with thee AOR is not a FAX number). I will try with some other
              number I got.

              > Greetings,
              >
              > MINI
              >

              > Ravi Rao <mail@r...> wrote:
              > * Minerva Fernandez [Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 12:51:46PM -0000]:
              >
              > > I am still expecting my medical request. I applied at the end of
              > > May. Be patient.
              >
              > Mini - If I were you, I would send a fax to Buffalo requesting
              file status.

              > --ravi.
              > --
              > Universities are places of knowledge. The freshman each bring a
              little
              > in with them, and the seniors take none away, so knowledge
              accumulates.

              > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              Service.

            • Ravi Rao
              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 1 9:30 AM
                * Gokul R [Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 03:44:37PM -0000]:

                > Online change of address, AFAIK, is only for applications processed
                > inside Canada, and for addresses in Canada. Since yours is being
                > processed in Buffalo, it might not have worked.

                Huh? Mini's address *is* in Canada ... I did an online change of address and
                it worked fine. I am processing via Buffalo as well.

                > Checking with people living at your old address would not be a bad
                > idea.

                Canada Post does mail forwarding for a price. If you do not have it setup
                already, you probably should consider it, Mini.

                --ravi.
                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 1 10:49 AM
                  I don't know, that's what the website for change of address says
                  (that the case should be processed 'in' canada).
                  http://services3.cic.gc.ca/coa/onlineservices_change.do?
                  language=english

                  It would be safe to send a fax to Buffalo about the change of
                  address.

                  Message 8 of 17 , Sep 2 5:59 PM
                    * Gokul R [Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 05:49:31PM -0000]:

                    > I don't know, that's what the website for change of address says
                    > (that the case should be processed 'in' canada).
                    > http://services3.cic.gc.ca/coa/onlineservices_change.do?
                    > language=english

                    Gokul: You are right. I stand corrected.

                    I am however disappointed because I did speak with a C&IC agent on some 1800
                    number that said it was OK to effect a change of addr online, and that was
                    what I did, and it let me do it, and it displays my new address just fine.
                    What gives? I think I am not concerned because I have addr fwd-ing until
                    about end Feb 2005, ... but still ... it would suck if C&IC sent something
                    to my old addr. and it got lost. ;-/

                    Sigh.

                    > It would be safe to send a fax to Buffalo about the change of
                    > address.

                    Yes, I agree.

                    --ravi.