Sending passport

  • Paes Antonio-WAP051
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31, 2004
      Hello People.

      Well, just as a confirmation... They ask me to send and receive the passport from a US address, so a friend is going to help me.

      There is something that I couldn't understand... They told me to send the passport using a "premium" service which I should pay to get the passport back from Buffalo too, basically a faster and safer service.

      How does it work? I mean, is there any pre-paid service or some kind of voucher that I send to Buffalo along with my passport and they use it to send my passport back?

      Any advise?

      Thanks to everybody.

      Antonio
    • Ravi Rao
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 31, 2004
        * Paes Antonio-WAP051 [Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 06:50:44PM -0300]:

        > How does it work? I mean, is there any pre-paid service or some
        > kind of voucher that I send to Buffalo along with my passport
        > and they use it to send my passport back?

        Yes, you could use USPS pre-paid envelopes or Canada Post XPressPost (or
        whatever the heck they call it) pre-paid envelopes. Send a pre-paid envelope
        with your address on it along with your passport and they would send it
        back to you via that ASAP.

        The buffalo website has detailed instructions on dimensions, postage reqd.
        etc. You should go look at the website first ... the link I posted in my
        previous email in this thread gives you detailed information ...

        Good luck,

        --ravi.
        --
        Universities are places of knowledge. The freshman each bring a little
        in with them, and the seniors take none away, so knowledge accumulates.
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 31, 2004
          Thank you Ravi. You're quite sharp on this immigration procedures.

          Hopefully we can meet somewhere in Montreal sometime to share experiences..

          Antonio

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 31, 2004
            * Paes Antonio-WAP051 [Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 06:57:22PM -0300]:

            > Thank you Ravi. You're quite sharp on this immigration procedures.

            You are very welcome Antonio :)

            > Hopefully we can meet somewhere in Montreal sometime to share experiences..

            Not before January 2005, when I return to Montreal (?) :-(

            --ravi.
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 1, 2004
              Hello people

              Well, correct if I'm wrong.

              I can send my passports using the FedEx service and inside the FedEx envelope I can send the USPS pre-paid envelope that they will use to return my passports to somewhere in US, right?

              I didn't find any restrictions regarding sending the passports from abroad, only restriction for them to send the passport somewhere out of US. Am I missing something here?

              Thanks

              Antonio