Re: [immigrationquebec] Re: Interview Passed

  • Wesley Cannon
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 8, 2003
      Hello Ketan,

      Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.  We really appreciate your information and the fact that you are willing to share.  This is a great support group and it's people like you who are making it so!:)  Don't worry about the delay in responding....I am sure you were out partying and celebrating!:)

      By the way, what is your profession?  How old are you?

      Thanks.
      Wes

      ketansweta <ketansweta@...> wrote:
      hi! Wes,

      Sorry for the late reply - but here are a few answers :-

      1. Montreal as there are some % of English speaking population there.

      2. I showed around 60K which inclused liquid cash and stocks.

      3. I have not been to canada before

      4. No relatives in canada - a few friends.

      Let me know if you need any further information I shall be glad to
      provide..

      Thanks
      Ketan

      --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, Wesley Cannon
      <wncannon@y...> wrote:
      > Congratulations...a couple of questions..

      > 1.  Where did you say you would settle in Quebec?

      > 2.  How much money did you have in the bank?  (you don't have to
      answer this...I am just curious as to how much people have who are
      accepted?)

      > 3.  Have you been to Quebec before?

      > 4.  Do you know people there or have relatives there?
      >
      > I appreciate your help.  Any info is greatly appreciated.  I wish
      you much luck in your endeavors!:)

      > Wes
      >
      > ketansweta <ketansweta@y...> wrote:
      > Hi! All,
      >
      > I just had an interview on the 30th Sep and luckily we cleared the
      > interview. I have read mnay msgs from people saying that the
      officer
      > are friendly - but hmm guess what the officer we got did even have
      > smile on her face for 30 min :). We were welcomed with a greeting
      in
      > French which I replied back in French - after we got into her
      cabin -
      > she started asking in French " for our passports " yeeks that was
      it -
      > we could not understand we are doing basic level french and could
      > speak very less and a few communication sentences thats it - at
      that
      > time itself I knew this does not seem too good - I told her at that
      > time that mam - we are very basic in French and that it would be
      good
      > to ahve interview in French - for which she said you know that this
      > interview is the confirm ur documents and check language ability -
      > showed her my frnehc classes receipts which I and my wife are
      taking -
      > and said in the next few mths we should be able to have some
      > communication.
      >
      > Then she checked each and every document of ours - transacripts,
      > banks statements, experiance letters etc - then she asked why
      > Montreal - which again I said the same thinsg which am sure most of
      > us say - Good metro ciyt, well developed, histopry, cheap housing,
      > good health coverage in quebec, no crime etc etc - there were some
      > debates on that - where in she said why don;t u try toronto as I
      > would qualify for toronto or vancuover as they both are in canada
      big
      > metros and as you know good English - I would qualify there - again
      > debated on how exp vancouver is... then she said 1 min and left the
      > cabin - at that time - me and my wife said - okay we are going
      back -
      > this is 100 % rejected as we did not speak in French and we were
      not
      > sure we have convienced her enough on why MONTREAL -
      > but then she came back - and said
      > I am approving you PR and she came back with the documents, some
      > magazines and some TO DO's on leaving for Montreal - she explained
      > about Medical and fingure printing etc...
      >
      > We were shocked - this could not be TRUE :) but Alas it was true -
      at
      > that time she gave a smile which we were waiting to see on her
      face -
      > and then she walked with us to show the way out...
      >
      > Over all it was a good inteview but a confusing one - we did not
      > expect to get cleared and we did get cleared .. kinda strange..
      >
      > Good luck to others -
      >
      > 1 Question - how long does medical and Fingure Printing take ?

> [...]
      Service.

    • nvishwesh
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 20, 2003
        Hi Ketan,

        Vish here....one final question pal...were your previous work
        experience letters in the exact same format that they asked for? I
        mean...letters even from india from jobs held 7 years ago :)

        What do you think is their position on that? Did they question you on
        any of the letters or other documentation?

        Thanks in advance.

        --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "ketansweta"