Canada - Quebec Accord (was) Re: [ImmigrationQuebec] Re: waiting time

  • nghtyjimmy
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 7, 2004
      Dear Ravi and Aleksandar and others,

      Thanks very much for giving your advice!

      Take care,

      Jimmy
    • Aleksandar Trajkov
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 7, 2004
        Ravi Rao !
        For how long have you been living in Canada?
        It is quite amazing that you haven't realized by now how tricky Canadian politics is!
        However, what i wrote is what i was told by a lawyer who is in this business (Canadian immigration) all his professional life.
        "Voila le hic!" if you know what i mean?

        Ravi Rao <mail@...> wrote:Hello Aleksandar, and others:

        Aleksandar> nope, it isn't so feds have right to call you for an
        Aleksandar> interview for whatever reasons meaning you'll be
        Aleksandar> waitlisted for 1-2 or even 3 years

        Wrong. C&IC cannot (and does not) call you to an interview for
        "whatever" reasons -- the only cases are where you fail (or
        ambiguously pass) the background/security/medical checks. This was
        exactly what I said in my last email. In general, unless you carry
        HIV/AIDS, you don't fail the medicals. If you supply police
        certificates, you pass the security check as well. The background
        check is completely random, and chances are VERY high that you do not
        get pulled up. Besides, the "R" on your CSQ indicates you have
        attended an interview where the MRCI folks have validated your
        existence and that you are really who you claim to be, and that you
        really exist, etc.

        What this means in a practical sense is that in 9.9 cases out of 10,
        you will infact secure your Immigrant Status if you go via Quebec
        Selection, and it only a matter of time between your CSQ and your
        COPR, and in most cases, the (federal) interview does NOT happen.

        Again - C&IC ____CANNOT____ (and does not) evaluate your skills. That
        is what the Canada - Quebec Accord is all about. ____Quebec____
        decides if you are good or not, and it is their problem if they picked
        an illiterate person for their skilled worker immigration, not
        Canada's. The Canadian Government only cares if they are a rapist or a
        disease carrier, or not ...

        Here's what I said in my last email:

        Ravi> There is no "evaluation" of any kind (skills etc) at
        Ravi> that level, which is why the medicals/interview waiver
        Ravi> show up within days of the file # creation. All this
        Ravi> is documented in the IP/OP Manuals, in case you want
        Ravi> to hear from the horse's mouth.

        Take a look at this:

        http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/irpa/fs-quebec.html

        QUEBEC'S POWERS UNDER
        THE CANADA-QUEBEC ACCORD

        Under the Canada-Quebec Accord, the province of Quebec has sole
        responsibility for selecting all independent immigrants and refugees
        abroad who wish to settle in Quebec. People who are selected receive a
        "certificat de s��lection du Qu��bec" and the province advises the
        visa office responsible. CIC then issues immigrant visas to those who
        have met all other requirements, such as medical, security and
        criminality checks.

        Please do not spread FUD unnecessarily.

        --ravi.

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Ravi Rao
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 7, 2004

          Aleksandar> Ravi Rao ! For how long have you been living in
          Aleksandar> Canada? It is quite amazing that you haven't realized
          Aleksandar> by now how tricky Canadian politics is! However, what

          2 weeks shy of 2 years now, non-stop.

          FWIW, all my interaction with MRCI/SIQ NY has been pleasant and very
          very efficient. I don't know about the C&IC ...

          Aleksandar> i wrote is what i was told by a lawyer who is in this
          Aleksandar> business (Canadian immigration) all his professional
          Aleksandar> life. "Voila le hic!" if you know what i mean?

          Whatever. I was just going by the rule book :)

          Good luck,

          --ravi.
        • Aleksandar Trajkov
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 7, 2004
            yeah, what you see is not (always) what you get

            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 7, 2004

              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 7, 2004

                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 7, 2004