RCMP

  • sadugudu88
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 29, 2004
    • sadugudu88
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 29, 2004
        Hi all,

        I have a rather basic question/observation. In this group, I see
        that some of you have done their RCMP tests even before getting any
        information back from Buffalo. I think one does this to save
        time-but-does it really help? To me it appears that from the period of
        CSQ to passport request is on an average 5 to 6 months and looks af it
        is fairly independent on how early one does the RCMP test. Could you
        please let me the logic.

        Thanks,
        Sa.
      • Ravi Rao
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 29, 2004
          Hi,

          [snip, RCMP before Buffalo request?]

          sadugudu88> it really help? To me it appears that from the period
          sadugudu88> of CSQ to passport request is on an average 5 to 6
          sadugudu88> months and looks af it is fairly independent on how

          Wrong. For a non-"well prepared" application, it doesn't usually take
          more than 2-3 months. The cases where it has taken 5-6 months are
          usually ones where some document(s) are missing/unclear -- e.g. birth
          certificates, police certificates, etc. or of course, missing RCMP
          certificates.

          Most self-prepared applications (not via a lawyer/consultant) end up
          being non-"well prepared", and thus end up with 5-6 month waiting
          times, while OTOH, if you track cases handled by other people
          including consultants, you will notice that they insist you do it
          before Buffalo asks you to. (see m.i.c.)

          Look at it this way -- you gotta do it whether you like it or not,
          whether you want to or not, if you have resided on Canadian soil for
          over six months continously anytime in your life. The results are
          valid for 12 months. Why would you want to postpone it if you could do
          it now?

          I don't get it ...

          --ravi.
        • Karen

            Message 5 of 19 , Jun 29, 2004
              hi ravi and karen, thank you for the response. i am not too aware of
              all the details and hence these questions. i have one further
              question...i submitted my federal application last week and am now
              waiting for a response from them. from your messages it appears that i
              should do the rcmp stright off...can i go to the finger printing
              services in rene-leveque and be advised accordingly? also, can any one
              of you advise me where i should go for medical test once i get these
              forms from buffalo. thanks once again.

              Sa.

              --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, Karen <karen_tgha@y...> wrote:
              > Passport request follows the final decision that is made by officer
              on the file of applicant. Final decision is concluded based on several
              other decisions such as medical decision, background check decision,
              criminal check decision.
              > RCMP check is used for making criminal check decision. Thus, if RCMP
              check arrives late, final decision is going to be made late as well.
              Thats why it makes sense to apply for RCMP check well in advance,
              since it takes long time to complete. It's simply an effort to
              eliminate one of possible reasons for delay.

              > sadugudu88 <sadugudu88@y...> wrote:
              >
              > Hi all,
              >
              > I have a rather basic question/observation. In this group, I see
              > that some of you have done their RCMP tests even before getting any
              > information back from Buffalo. I think one does this to save
              > time-but-does it really help? To me it appears that from the period of
              > CSQ to passport request is on an average 5 to 6 months and looks af it
              > is fairly independent on how early one does the RCMP test. Could you
              > please let me the logic.
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Sa.

            • Karen
              Message 6 of 19 , Jun 29, 2004
                I dont know details about getting RCMP check from Montreal, as never done that. Ravi would probably have a better answer on this.

                As far as medical exam is concerned, along with medical papers you will receive a list of designated medical proacticioners. Thats where you can choose from.

                Actually, I believe that would be the same list as one on CIC website, which is here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/medical.html .

                Good luck

                sadugudu88 <sadugudu88@...> wrote:

                hi ravi and karen, thank you for the response. i am not too aware of
                all the details and hence these questions. i have one further
                question...i submitted my federal application last week and am now
                waiting for a response from them. from your messages it appears that i
                should do the rcmp stright off...can i go to the finger printing
                services in rene-leveque and be advised accordingly? also, can any one
                of you advise me where i should go for medical test once i get these
                forms from buffalo. thanks once again.

                Sa.

              • ducthanhcanada
                Message 7 of 19 , Jun 29, 2004
                  Hi Sa.

                  Yes, you can do fingerprinting right now. You could expect a month
                  from the day of sending federal app to the day you receive
                  acknowledge letter. And no instruction in the letter except File#

                  As the RCMP check doesn't require File# as a must. You could do it
                  now. Took less than half an hour. Contact IFS :
                  http://www.policecheck.com/locations.html

                  --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "sadugudu88"
                  <sadugudu88@y...> wrote:

                  > hi ravi and karen, thank you for the response. i am not too aware
                  of
                  > all the details and hence these questions. i have one further
                  > question...i submitted my federal application last week and am now
                  > waiting for a response from them. from your messages it appears
                  that i
                  > should do the rcmp stright off...can i go to the finger printing
                  > services in rene-leveque and be advised accordingly? also, can any
                  one
                  > of you advise me where i should go for medical test once i get
                  these
                  > forms from buffalo. thanks once again.
                  >
                  > Sa.
                  >

                  > --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, Karen <karen_tgha@y...>
                  wrote:
                  > > Passport request follows the final decision that is made by
                  officer
                  > on the file of applicant. Final decision is concluded based on
                  several
                  > other decisions such as medical decision, background check
                  decision,
                  > criminal check decision.
                  > > RCMP check is used for making criminal check decision. Thus, if
                  RCMP
                  > check arrives late, final decision is going to be made late as
                  well.
                  > Thats why it makes sense to apply for RCMP check well in advance,
                  > since it takes long time to complete. It's simply an effort to
                  > eliminate one of possible reasons for delay.
                  > >
                  > > sadugudu88 <sadugudu88@y...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi all,
                  > >
                  > > I have a rather basic question/observation. In this group, I
                  see
                  > > that some of you have done their RCMP tests even before getting
                  any
                  > > information back from Buffalo. I think one does this to save
                  > > time-but-does it really help? To me it appears that from the
                  period of
                  > > CSQ to passport request is on an average 5 to 6 months and looks
                  af it
                  > > is fairly independent on how early one does the RCMP test. Could
                  you
                  > > please let me the logic.
                  > >
                  > > Thanks,
                  > > Sa.

                • Ravi Rao
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jun 29, 2004

                    karen> Passport request follows the final decision that is made by
                    karen> officer on the file of applicant. Final decision is
                    karen> concluded based on several other decisions such as medical
                    karen> decision, background check decision, criminal check
                    karen> decision. RCMP check is used for making criminal check
                    karen> decision. Thus, if RCMP check arrives late, final decision

                    It should also be noted that only 1% of the applicants to the entire
                    immigration program (couple tens of thousands per year) are chosen
                    randomly by a computer to undergo background check. In most cases, the
                    background check does NOT happen.

                    And if it does, the waiting time extends from 6-18 months atleast,
                    based on the number and location of the countries in which the
                    applicant has resided in, in the past.

                    --ravi.
                  • Minerva Fernandez
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jun 29, 2004
                      Hi

                      Just a quick question: I will go tomorrow to police station to have
                      my fingerprints taken. Besides the form with the fingerprints, what
                      else do I have to send to Ottawa??. Is Ottawa sending the results
                      directly to Buffalo??

                      Thanks a lot

                      MINI

                      --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, Ravi Rao <mail@r...> wrote:

                      > karen> Passport request follows the final decision that is
                      made by
                      > karen> officer on the file of applicant. Final decision is
                      > karen> concluded based on several other decisions such as
                      medical
                      > karen> decision, background check decision, criminal check
                      > karen> decision. RCMP check is used for making criminal check
                      > karen> decision. Thus, if RCMP check arrives late, final
                      decision

                      > It should also be noted that only 1% of the applicants to the
                      entire
                      > immigration program (couple tens of thousands per year) are chosen
                      > randomly by a computer to undergo background check. In most cases,
                      the
                      > background check does NOT happen.
                      >
                      > And if it does, the waiting time extends from 6-18 months atleast,
                      > based on the number and location of the countries in which the
                      > applicant has resided in, in the past.
                      >
                      > --ravi.
                    • sadugudu88
                      Message 10 of 19 , Jun 29, 2004
                        hi, it looks like atleast couple of us are wanting to know more on
                        the finger printing and RCMP process. is it possible for one of you in
                        the group to quickly outline the process. thanks for the trouble.

                        Sa.

                        --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "Minerva Fernandez"
                        <mini2404@y...> wrote:
                        > Hi
                        >
                        > Just a quick question: I will go tomorrow to police station to have
                        > my fingerprints taken. Besides the form with the fingerprints, what
                        > else do I have to send to Ottawa??. Is Ottawa sending the results
                        > directly to Buffalo??
                        >
                        > Thanks a lot
                        >
                        > MINI

                        > <karen_tgha@y...> said:
                        > >
                        > > karen> Passport request follows the final decision that is
                        > made by
                        > > karen> officer on the file of applicant. Final decision is
                        > > karen> concluded based on several other decisions such as
                        > medical
                        > > karen> decision, background check decision, criminal check
                        > > karen> decision. RCMP check is used for making criminal check
                        > > karen> decision. Thus, if RCMP check arrives late, final
                        > decision
                        > >
                        > > It should also be noted that only 1% of the applicants to the
                        > entire
                        > > immigration program (couple tens of thousands per year) are chosen
                        > > randomly by a computer to undergo background check. In most cases,
                        > the
                        > > background check does NOT happen.
                        > >
                        > > And if it does, the waiting time extends from 6-18 months atleast,
                        > > based on the number and location of the countries in which the
                        > > applicant has resided in, in the past.
                        > >
                        > > --ravi.
                      • sadugudu88
                        Message 11 of 19 , Jun 29, 2004
                          Hi ravi,
                          thanks for the response. however, i am curious about the satistical
                          information that you seem to provide. are there any well documented
                          place to look for this kind of info which you claim. it would be useful
                          to know.

                          Sa.

                          > It should also be noted that only 1% of the applicants to the entire
                          > immigration program (couple tens of thousands per year) are chosen
                          > randomly by a computer to undergo background check. In most cases, the
                          > background check does NOT happen.
                          >
                          > And if it does, the waiting time extends from 6-18 months atleast,
                          > based on the number and location of the countries in which the
                          > applicant has resided in, in the past.
                          >
                          > --ravi.
                        • Ravi Rao
                          Message 12 of 19 , Jun 29, 2004

                            sadugudu88> hi, it looks like atleast couple of us are wanting to
                            sadugudu88> know more on the finger printing and RCMP process. is

                            Why do you refuse to read your email?

                            Your questions were answered already, other members.

                            sadugudu88> it possible for one of you in the group to quickly
                            sadugudu88> outline the process. thanks for the trouble.

                            ducthanhcanada specifically answered you once already:

                            What don't you understand there? Ask specific questions and take a
                            minute to read what people write, and check archives before you ask
                            the same question again, and again, and again, and again, ignoring all

                            All these URLs I posted were in the last 2 days. Apart from these,
                            this same issue was discussed couple weeks/months ago, when you were
                            still a part of this list.

                            --ravi.
                          • Ravi Rao
                            Message 13 of 19 , Jun 29, 2004

                              sadugudu88> Hi ravi, thanks for the response. however, i am
                              sadugudu88> curious about the satistical information that you seem
                              sadugudu88> to provide. are there any well documented place to
                              sadugudu88> look for this kind of info which you claim. it would
                              sadugudu88> be useful to know.

                              Yes. Check the Immigration Manual, and Overseas Processing manuals
                              available on the C&IC's webpages. They have all this info documented.

                              I've already done my homework, and made my conclusions. If you doubt
                              my facts/figures (and rightly so), check for yourself. I'm sorry, I
                              don't have a specific URL/page to quote, but these are piece of info
                              gleaned out of the manuals, and from "Monitor" and from other news
                              sources. Everything's off the C&IC webpages.

                              --ravi.
                            • Ravi Rao
                              Message 14 of 19 , Jun 29, 2004

                                Minerva> Hi Just a quick question: I will go tomorrow to police
                                Minerva> station to have my fingerprints taken. Besides the form

                                Mini - fingerprints come from IFS Canada, not the police
                                station. Atleast, that's the way it is in most of Canada, including
                                Montreal, where I did my prints. I doubt that in Quebec City, the
                                process would be different ...

                                For the last time:

                                Fingerprints + RCMP Check HOWTO:

                                Go to an IFS Office, get the prints taken (takes 30 minutes, and $25)
                                and then get a photocopy of the prints and save it for your
                                records. IFS provides you an addressed envelope to the RCMP HQ in
                                Ottawa, ON, which you have to mail out yourself by whatever post, or
                                Fedex or whatever you want. Once you mail results, you can email the
                                RCMP HQ in Ottawa after 60 days to check on your prints, and they take
                                anywhere from 60 to 150 days to fwd the results to CHC Buffalo.

                                I hope this is very clear.

                                Addresses, offices, phone numbers, etc. are available at the IFS
                                Canada website, which was posted many times before.

                                IAC, here it is again:

                                http://www.policecheck.com/locations.html

                                Sadugudu -- please read this before you ask the same question again.

                                Minerva> with the fingerprints, what else do I have to send to
                                Minerva> Ottawa??. Is Ottawa sending the results directly to
                                Minerva> Buffalo??

                                Nothing else -- and yes, they fwd directly to Buffalo.

                                Again - police stations don't come in anywhere (they do only if you
                                need FBI prints from USA, AFAIK)

                                Good luck

                                --ravi.
                              • sadugudu88
                                Message 15 of 19 , Jun 29, 2004
                                  ravi, i do not refuse to read mails. but, this may not be the first
                                  time an old issue is raised. and there has been occasions where
                                  members have asked for clarifications which required some repetition.
                                  if in case, you loose patience, as it seems from your email, PLEASE
                                  DO NOT CARE TO RESPOND. hope this helps.

                                  Sa.

                                  > sadugudu88> hi, it looks like atleast couple of us are wanting to
                                  > sadugudu88> know more on the finger printing and RCMP process. is
                                  >
                                  > Why do you refuse to read your email?
                                  >
                                  > Your questions were answered already, other members.

                                  > sadugudu88> it possible for one of you in the group to quickly
                                  > sadugudu88> outline the process. thanks for the trouble.
                                  >
                                  > ducthanhcanada specifically answered you once already:

                                  > What don't you understand there? Ask specific questions and take a
                                  > minute to read what people write, and check archives before you ask
                                  > the same question again, and again, and again, and again, ignoring all
                                  >
                                  > All these URLs I posted were in the last 2 days. Apart from these,
                                  > this same issue was discussed couple weeks/months ago, when you were
                                  > still a part of this list.
                                  >
                                  > --ravi.
                                • Minerva Fernandez
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Jun 29, 2004
                                    Hi ravi

                                    Thanks a lot for your clarification. I have seen this page before
                                    but there is no office in Quebec City according to that. I was
                                    thinking to go to the local police station but now I am not sure
                                    what to do.

                                    Thanks a lot again!!

                                    MINI

                                    <sadugudu88@y...> wrote:
                                    > ravi, i do not refuse to read mails. but, this may not be the
                                    first
                                    > time an old issue is raised. and there has been occasions where
                                    > members have asked for clarifications which required some
                                    repetition.
                                    > if in case, you loose patience, as it seems from your email,
                                    PLEASE
                                    > DO NOT CARE TO RESPOND. hope this helps.
                                    >
                                    > Sa.
                                    >
                                    > --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, Ravi Rao <mail@r...>
                                    > <sadugudu88@y...> said:
                                    > >
                                    > > sadugudu88> hi, it looks like atleast couple of us are
                                    wanting to
                                    > > sadugudu88> know more on the finger printing and RCMP
                                    process. is

                                    > > Why do you refuse to read your email?
                                    > >
                                    > > Your questions were answered already, other members.

                                    > > sadugudu88> it possible for one of you in the group to
                                    quickly
                                    > > sadugudu88> outline the process. thanks for the trouble.
                                    > >
                                    > > ducthanhcanada specifically answered you once already:

                                    > > What don't you understand there? Ask specific questions and take
                                    > > minute to read what people write, and check archives before you
                                    ask
                                    > > the same question again, and again, and again, and again,
                                    ignoring all

                                    > > All these URLs I posted were in the last 2 days. Apart from
                                    these,
                                    > > this same issue was discussed couple weeks/months ago, when you
                                    were
                                    > > still a part of this list.
                                    > >
                                    > > --ravi.
                                  • Ravi Rao
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Jun 29, 2004
                                      Hi,

                                      sadugudu88> ravi, i do not refuse to read mails. but, this may

                                      Actually, yes you do.

                                      You asked the EXACT same question, and got an answer here:

                                      >> ducthanhcanada specifically answered you once already:

                                      ^^^^^

                                      there. So are you suggesting you were being fed crap by
                                      ducthanhcanada? Or did you read it (like you claim) and let it wash
                                      out of your brain? I don't get it, man. If you read it, why did you
                                      ask again? If you didn't understand what he said (which is OK), you
                                      could just say, "I don't understand this part of msg #1731". Instead,
                                      it seems to me that you never even saw the msg, and ask away again,
                                      until you get a personalized response tailored to Mr. Sadugudu.

                                      sadugudu88> not be the first time an old issue is raised. and
                                      sadugudu88> there has been occasions where members have asked for
                                      sadugudu88> clarifications which required some repetition. if in
                                      sadugudu88> case, you loose patience, as it seems from your email,
                                      sadugudu88> PLEASE DO NOT CARE TO RESPOND. hope this helps.

                                      OK, this wasn't repetition # 1 -- the one where ducthanhcanada
                                      answered you was repetition # 1 or 2 (meaning, it was already answered
                                      1 or 2 times previously) and after THREE (or two?) answers, you refuse
                                      to read it, and AGAIN ask the same question. Besides, I distinctly
                                      remember answering the same question, and posting the same URLs to
                                      ducthanhcanada 2 days ago. Where were you then? Are you suggesting you
                                      read those emails?

                                      If you're too busy to read what people write, well, I'm too busy to
                                      answer your questions, sorry. This basically means that the x-many
                                      minutes that ducthanhcanada invested in writing up msg #1731
                                      specifically to answer your question was a WASTE of his/her time.

                                      Now, if we're all paid consultants, and you ask the same question 200
                                      times, I'll answer it for $50 an hour. For free, I don't want to be
                                      badgered by the same question every 12 hours, sorry. We all have
                                      regular jobs and stuff to do.

                                      I don't think I'm the only one that feels this way. I'm probably the
                                      only one voicing my opinion, but I'm almost the only one that has been
                                      answering most of your queries every time you ask them ...

                                      It's no use getting annoyed, Sadugudu. You ask a question, you get a
                                      response, you ignore it and ask the same question 10 minutes later,
                                      then yes, *I* am gonna whine about it (if not anyone else).

                                      If you have an issue with this, put me on your email blacklist. If
                                      others have issues with this, and want me to shut up, you only need
                                      ask once, and I'll willingly shut up. My idea was that I was being
                                      useful to people, but if it is being counter-productive, trust me,
                                      that isn't the intent. It is not like I am 60 years old, retired, with
                                      a steady income of $10,000 per month, sitting on a DSL line with all
                                      the time in the world, and nothing to do. On the contrary, I am VERY
                                      hard-pressed for time, and I also know how much this whole immigration
                                      thing means to a lot of people, me included. I'm trying to be useful,
                                      but if you prefer me to stay silent, lemme know, and I'll shut up.

                                      I hope you note that at the end of this debacle, I was STILL trying to
                                      be "useful" by giving you links to the real information, and then
                                      AGAIN posted a mini-HOWTO ...

                                      Either way, I'm done with this thread. If you want me to quit being
                                      active on this list, please let me know (private/public, as you deem
                                      appropriate), and I'll step out. Seriously.

                                      cheers,

                                      --a very annoyed ravi.
                                    • Ravi Rao
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Jun 29, 2004
                                        Hi,

                                        Minerva> Hi ravi Thanks a lot for your clarification. I have seen
                                        Minerva> this page before but there is no office in Quebec City
                                        Minerva> according to that. I was thinking to go to the local
                                        Minerva> police station but now I am not sure what to do.

                                        I really doubt that the local station would be able to provide the
                                        services that IFS Canada does. If I were you, I'd check with the local
                                        police station, but be prepared to go to Ottawa or Montreal (whichever
                                        is closer?) and get them prints done.

                                        IFS Canada has a special sheet, and does a specific print-out, with
                                        all sorts of information with a file/prints number, and barcodes and
                                        whatnot. I doubt that a local police station would have that equipment
                                        -- besides, they capture a digital image of your face and put that on
                                        the sheet as well.

                                        Mini - I guess you're the first one from Quebec to go thro' this
                                        process, so you're gonna have to figure it out yourself :(

                                        The one in Montreal isn't crowded, and does it without appointments,
                                        and there's a post office/copier machine RIGHT next to the offices of
                                        the IFS. If you allot one hour, you'll do it all just fine, and mail
                                        out your prints to RCMP Ottawa, too. I'd happily recommend the one in
                                        Montreal, if you cannot get it done in Quebec.

                                        Mini, I think you're applying as a family? Then I suppose you'd have
                                        to show up and do it all as a family. I don't know if kids need to be
                                        fingerprinted too -- you could check with the IFS. They're very
                                        professional, and knowledgeable/helpful/friendly.

                                        Remember that you need multiple documents with you:

                                        * passport
                                        * secondary photo id (drivers license/etc.)
                                        * canadian immigration document (study/work permit or buffalo file #)

                                        Just call and check beforehand if they'll be open when you show up.

                                        Good luck,

                                        --ravi.
                                      • sadugudu88
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Jun 29, 2004
                                          Hi Ravi, first, there is never an intention to annoy anyone here. So,
                                          if you got so, I do not know what to do. And besides,
                                          if a query is posed, and if it becomes a repetition, maybe someone
                                          responds or is simply left at that. I feel that no one here is obliged
                                          to an answer; and that too if one feels it to be repetitive. Well, if
                                          you did so, and despite your annoyed state, thanks very much. I agree
                                          that as much you may be pressed for time, so could others be. Let us
                                          leave this right here and look ahead.

                                          Sa.