Re: Ocupations In Demand Program (Quebec)

  • Gokul R
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 7, 2004
      Yes you have to submit them with the ASC; also add Schedule5
      (Declaration of intent to reside in Quebec) whic is also in the same
      webpage. When you succesfully receive your CSQ these forms will be
      returned to you and you will send the same to the federal
      authorities.

      --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "americomusic"
      <AMERICO_BAANANTE@H...> wrote:
      > Hi guys, Anybody familiar with the Aplication to Quebec as a
      > Professional in the OCUPATIONS IN DEMAND PROGRAM?...
      >
      > I have gathered most of the documents that Buffalo asks
      > (http://www.immigration-
      > quebec.gouv.qc.ca/anglais/publications/pdf/dcs/DCS_worker_NY_(USA)%
      > 20AN.pdf) I know that I have to submit the "APPLICATION FOR A
      > SELECTION SERTIFICATE (ASC)", but I'm not sure if I should also
      > submit the "APPLICATION FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE IN CANADA (IMM-8)"
      > that is underneath in the list... When I make a click in this one
      > (the residency one it takes me to a website that doesnt belong to
      > Quebec but to Canada
      > (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applications/skilled.html).. and
      there
      > it says that I have to fill up 4 FORMS:
      >
      > - Application for Permanent Residence in Canada [IMM 0008]
      > - Schedule 1: Background/Declaration [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 1]
      > - Additional Family Information [IMM 5406]
      > - Use of a Representative [IMM 5476]
      >
      > SO now Im confused... Should I submit the forms and
      the "APPLICATION
      > FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE IN CANADA (IMM-8)" together with my ASC ??
      >
      > Thank You very Much for any help...
      > Americo.
    • mini2404
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 7, 2004
        Hi Americo:

        First you have to send to Quebec Immigration your CSQ application
        toguether with all the forms for Immigration Canada as well (IMM008,
        etc). The people from Quebec Immigration will stamp the forms and
        send them back to you toguether with your CSQ (hopefully). After
        that you take one copy of the CSQ and the forms they sent you back
        and send them to Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

        Please note that is not the same place: the first step is with
        Quebec Immigration. The location of the office depends where you
        live. If you are in Canada or USA is in New York. The second step is
        with Citizenship and Immigration Canada and the office is in
        Buffalo, New York (again, if you live in USA or Canada).

        You have to pay now only 300 CND. The rest you have to pay it later.

        You can send me an e-mail in case you have more question. Are you
        from Peru??. I am from Cuba

        Regards,

        MINI
      • americomusic
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 7, 2004
          Thanks for the information! ... so just to confirm if I undestood it
          (sorry for the repetition is just that I want to have it clear).

          1) Fill out the following forms:

          - Application for a Selection Certificate (CSQ)
          - Application for Permanent Residence in Canada [IMM 0008]
          - Schedule 1: Background/Declaration [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 1]
          - Additional Family Information [IMM 5406]
          - Use of a Representative [IMM 5476]
          - Declaration of Intent to Reside in Quebec [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 5]

          and the documents supporting my application : payment of CAN$300,
          Bachelor Diploma, Resume, birth cerificate, etc...

          2) All of this is sent to:

          Service d'immigration du Québec
          Délégation générale du Québec
          One Rockefeller Plaza
          26th Floor New York, NY 10020
          U.S.A.

          They will review it and (if accepted) send me back the documents
          stamped.

          3)After this I have to submit all these stamped documents to:

          Consulate General of Canada
          Immigration Section
          3000 HSBC Center
          30th Floor
          Buffalo, New York

          Please Confirm if that is what you guys did...

          Thanks very much!!!
          Americo.

          --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "mini2404" <mini2404@y...>
          wrote:
          > Hi Americo:
          >
          > First you have to send to Quebec Immigration your CSQ application
          > toguether with all the forms for Immigration Canada as well
          (IMM008,
          > etc). The people from Quebec Immigration will stamp the forms and
          > send them back to you toguether with your CSQ (hopefully). After
          > that you take one copy of the CSQ and the forms they sent you
          back
          > and send them to Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
          >
          > Please note that is not the same place: the first step is with
          > Quebec Immigration. The location of the office depends where you
          > live. If you are in Canada or USA is in New York. The second step
          is
          > with Citizenship and Immigration Canada and the office is in
          > Buffalo, New York (again, if you live in USA or Canada).
          >
          > You have to pay now only 300 CND. The rest you have to pay it
          later.

          > You can send me an e-mail in case you have more question. Are you
          > from Peru??. I am from Cuba
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > MINI
        • Gokul R
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 8, 2004
            You got the two distinct steps correct. But keep in mind you may be
            asked to go for an interview after you send in all the paperwork to
            the Quebec office. Looking at the database section of this newsgroup
            will give you an idea of how long it takes for the Quebec officals
            to make a decision on your file.

            Good luck,
            ~Gokul