Re: [immigrationquebec] Digest Number 230

  • Velaga Sudhir
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2004
      Thanx guys........
      I too got some information from the INS(USCIS) they asked for
      1) Valid visa
      2) Valid I-20 signed by our Univesrity Official
      3) Valid EAD card
      4) Offer letter fromthe US company I am working

      Bye
      Sudhir

      immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/.EXslB/TM

      There are 4 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Working in Canada with OPT in USA
      From: Velaga Sudhir
      2. Re: Working in Canada with OPT in USA
      From: "ivsmphl"
      3. Re: Got it!! Yehey!!
      From: "Max Pilipis"
      4. Re: Got it!! Yehey!!
      From: "Rich"

      Message: 1
      Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 08:08:43 -0700 (PDT)
      From: Velaga Sudhir
      Subject: Working in Canada with OPT in USA

      Hello Friends,

      I am in a situation ........Can anyone advise me.........

      I am on my OPT (Practical Traiing after MS) which extends till April2005. I am working under an employer in USA. I was asked to go to Canada for 3 months on a project. My question is What if I want to come back after the project.........Shall there be any problem at the border?

      If any one underwent this kinda situation please advise me.............

      Bye

      Sudhir

      One who can see that all activities are performed by the body, which is created of material nature, and sees that the self does nothing, actually sees.

      Sudhir Velaga
      Wright State University,Dayton, OH

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 2
      Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 16:04:22 -0000
      From: "ivsmphl"
      Subject: Re: Working in Canada with OPT in USA

      No problem coming back to the US if you have a valid f-1 visa in
      your passport as well as your SEVIS I-20 and EAD. If you are going
      to Canada as a business visitor, you are still technically working
      in the US.

      You cannot go on this project if you do not have a valid F-1 visa on
      your passport because you will not be able to re-enter the US after
      three months. Current regulations will allow you to return without a
      valid visa from Canada if your trip was for less than 30 days.

      --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, Velaga Sudhir
      wrote:

      > Hello Friends,
      >
      > I am in a situation ........Can anyone advise me.........
      >
      > I am on my OPT (Practical Traiing after MS) which extends till
      April2005. I am working under an employer in USA. I was asked to go
      to Canada for 3 months on a project. My question is What if I want
      to come back after the project.........Shall there be any problem at
      the border?

      > If any one underwent this kinda situation please advise
      me.............

      > Bye
      >
      > Sudhir
      >

      > One who can see that all activities are performed by the body,
      which is created of material nature, and sees that the self does
      nothing, actually sees.

      > Sudhir Velaga
      > Wright State University,Dayton, OH

      Message: 3
      Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 15:02:48 -0500 (EST)
      From: "Max Pilipis"
      Subject: Re: Got it!! Yehey!!

      Hey Karen,

      I understand you completely. Leaving a good job, specially with the
      scarcity of IT jobs out there is not an easy decision. I guess I will be
      doing the same once I get my PR (drive a UHAUL), although with a wife and
      two kids, I'm sure I'll have a lot more stuff to haul than you :) so I
      might be selling/getting rid of some of the stuff here. I'm in Mass, so to
      Montreal is only a 6 hours drive.

      I still haven't applied for PR with the federal government. I guess I will
      be sending my app this month, otherwise my argentinean PC clearance will
      expire. I've had some issues related to my son's therapy that are making
      my moving to Quebec very hard and distant. On top of this, I got approval
      from the DOL for my greencard here and a promotion, so in all honesty I
      don't know what the heck to do. If it was only myself, I would not think
      it twice. I love the Quebecois society and culture, but I have to think in
      the welfare of the rest of the familly too, so I'm kind of bummed and not
      knowing what to do right now :(.

      Anyways, read you guys later!

      Max

      > Hi Max!
      >
      > Thanks :)
      >
      > Thats right, I'm on H1b here in US. But I plan to quit my job and move to
      > Montreal by the end of this year, few weeks prior to christmas. Leaving
      > good job is not an easy decision, but the thing is I have made that
      > decision by time I applied for Canadian immigration :)
      >
      > And yes, I'll rent a Uhaul to drive my belonging up to city. Since its
      > just 300 miles of driving, I find it easier to take everything than sell
      > it here and purchase everything up there again.
      >
      > Karen
      >
      > Max Pilipis wrote:
      > Hey Karen!!
      >
      > CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! Well done!!
      >
      > If you don't mind me asking, when do you plan to finally go to montreal?
      > As I understand it, you are here on an H1B and you have a job. Do you plan
      > to quit immediatelly and move?? do you plan to wait out a bit longer?? Are
      > you planning to rent a UHaul and drive up there??
      >
      > Please don't think I'm meddleing or something... I'm just curious because
      > I will have to go the same route once I get my papers! It will be
      > interesting if between all of us living in the US of A can come up with
      > tips and usefull information.
      >
      > Thanks a lot
      > Max
      >

      >> Hello everybody!!
      >>
      >> Finally, I got my passport today with immigrant visa stamped in it!!!
      >> Such a relief!! :)
      >>
      >> I got the passport request on May 8-th, sent the passport following
      >> monday, and a little more than two weeks later I got the passport with
      >> visa back together with COPR document. I sent it with USPS Express Mail
      >> in
      >> both directions (had prepaid envelope included in package).
      >>
      >> Wonderful thing is that entire process took less than a year! This was a
      >> major effort, and I'm glad I've done it.
      >>
      >> I have updated my timelines in database.
      >>
      >> Alright, guys and girls, I wish to everyone expecting next step a soon
      >> response from immigration, and good luck!
      >>

      >> Karen

      >> Friends. Fun. Try the all-new Yahoo! Messenger
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Message: 4
      Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 10:33:54 -0000
      From: "Rich"

      Hey Max,

      You seem torn friend between which way to go....let me try and help
      you see the way a bit..

      1. It is clear that leaving your job here is not going to be easy
      since you are earning good money (esp. now with the promotion) and
      also your concerns that you may not find a comparable position in
      Quebec.

      2.Second, you mentioned a while back that you owned a home...so of
      course, it is going to be doubly difficult to give that up and move
      to Quebec esp with family.

      3. Most important, however, is your son's therapy. That will
      definitely take priority over the above points.

      So...here is my 2-cent. You mentioned that you got approval from DOL
      for US GC..what do you mean by that? Did you get labor done? Have
      you filed for 2nd and 3rd stage?

      I would strongly urge you not to fall for the lure of the US GC
      friend...sure..go ahead and apply and do whatever you need to do for
      US GC..but give top priority to your Canadian GC...you should not
      wait or waste any more time...just remember your root motivations
      for applying to Quebec CSQ...

      Let me be perfectly blunt if you do not mind....are you having
      second thoughts about the whole Quebec thing considering that you
      see some progress in your US GC, that you got a job promotion and
      also that you think you are settled in US? Are you getting pressure
      from your family not to give up and go all the way to QC?

      Rich

      --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "Max Pilipis"
      wrote:
> [...]
      in it!!!
      > >> Such a relief!! :)
      > >>
      > >> I got the passport request on May 8-th, sent the passport
      following
      > >> monday, and a little more than two weeks later I got the
      passport with
      > >> visa back together with COPR document. I sent it with USPS
      Express Mail
      > >> in
      > >> both directions (had prepaid envelope included in package).
      > >>
      > >> Wonderful thing is that entire process took less than a year!
      This was a
      > >> major effort, and I'm glad I've done it.
      > >>
      > >> I have updated my timelines in database.
      > >>
      > >> Alright, guys and girls, I wish to everyone expecting next step
      a soon
      > >> response from immigration, and good luck!
      > >>

      > >> Karen

      > >> Friends. Fun. Try the all-new Yahoo! Messenger

      Service.

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/