Working in Canada with OPT in USA

  • Velaga Sudhir
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2004

      Hello Friends,

      I am in a situation ........Can anyone advise me.........

      I am on my OPT (Practical Traiing after MS) which extends till April2005. I am working under an employer in USA. I was asked to go to Canada for 3 months on a project. My question is What if I want to come back after the project.........Shall there be any problem at the border?

      If any one underwent this kinda situation please advise me.............

      Bye

      Sudhir

      One who can see that all activities are performed by the body, which is created of material nature, and sees that the self does nothing, actually sees.

      Sudhir Velaga
      Wright State University,Dayton, OH

    • ivsmphl
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2004
        No problem coming back to the US if you have a valid f-1 visa in
        your passport as well as your SEVIS I-20 and EAD. If you are going
        to Canada as a business visitor, you are still technically working
        in the US.

        You cannot go on this project if you do not have a valid F-1 visa on
        your passport because you will not be able to re-enter the US after
        three months. Current regulations will allow you to return without a
        valid visa from Canada if your trip was for less than 30 days.

        --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, Velaga Sudhir