Re: Registered Snail Mail

  • Rich
    Message 1 of 13 , May 1, 2004
      Gokul/Karen,

      The month of April did end on a positive note...just checked and
      found out that the medical reports were finally delivered yesterday
      (Apr 30) to Ottawa.....here is the timeline

      March 24 --> Medical Request Recvd
      April 1--> Medical Done
      April 22 --> Medical Reports sent to Ottawa by Registered Mail.
      April 30 --> Recvd at Ottawa.

      Wow! Took me a month...could have saved a week maybe if I had done
      the FEDEX/UPS/DHL option...

      Rich

      --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "Gokul R" <cgk_79@y...>
      wrote:
      > Hi Rich,
      > Buffalo will be updated by Ottawa by either fax,email or CAIPS so
      > there's no worry about lost communication between Ottawa and
      > Buffalo; moreover if it would give you a little peace of mind, send
      > Buffalo a copy of the medical receipt to let them know that you are
      > in line with the deadline given. And also as Karen pointed out it
      > would have been just a USPS updating problem, but nonetheless if I
      > were you, I would call the USPS customer service to see whats going
      > on. They may have more information than displayed in the web.
      > ~Gokul
      >
      > --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "Rich" <umkumiut00@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > G,
      > >
      > > Yes..the DMP's office did provide a tracking no. and I know when
      > the
      > > package was accepted at the USPS office....the problem is..there
      > is
      > > no new status on the USPS website since that time...been almost a
      > > week now.
      > >
      > > When I called the DMP's office, the clerk made it known that
      there
      > > was little that they could do now since the package had left
      their
      > > hands...I agree...so..I can only wait now..all the immigrants we
      > know
      > > by default are a very very very patient lot and know how to
      > wait..:)
      > > Waiting is not a problem...I just want to make sure that the guys
      > in
      > > Ottawa get the package and more importantly, the crew in Buffalo
      > > knows that...:)
      > >
      > > So....its the unknown element post-delivery that has got me all
      > tied
      > > up in knots..:)
      > >
      > > Rich
      > >
      > > --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "Gokul R" <cgk_79@y...>
      > > wrote:
      > > > Rich,
      > > > Did the doctor give you the tracking number? I was wondering if
      > > it's
      > > > a prepaid one (either you or the doctor paid), when do they
      > > actually
      > > > put the tracking info into their system?
      > > > 1. When you paid it or 2. After the prepaid envelope is handed
      > > > the postoffice?
      > > >
      > > > If it's immediately after you paid for it, then chances are
      > that
      > > > doctor office delayed in handing the envelope to the post
      > office.
      > > >
      > > > ~Gokul
      > > >

      > > > --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "Rich"
      > <umkumiut00@y...>