  • wncannon
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 28, 2004
      Hello all. I have a couple of quick questions.

      I was reading over the information I got in NY with my CSQ and there
      are two things that are not clear.

      Now, do I request the FBI report and the finger prints before
      sending in my information to to Buffalo? Or, do I wait for them?
      On the paper I have it says I must submit seven items for my file to
      be complete. Number six is a police certificate. However, on page
      3 it says that when requesting my police certificate I should send
      the letter I get from Buffalo. I am a little confused. How can I
      send it in to complete my file if I have to wait for them to send me
      a letter. Is this same with the medical??

      Thanks all.
      Wes
    • Maximiliano Pilipis
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 28, 2004
        Hey Wes,

        That letter it mention is a letter that is in the same set of
        instructions, and is not something that buffalo sends. Take a look on
        the instructions, the forth or the fifth page is an actual letter that
        you have to send along with your request to the FBI. BUT before you
        send that, you have to go to a police station, ask for an FBI
        fingerprint card, get yours and your partner fingerprints, and send the
        request along with 18 dolars and the letter.

        Hope it helps.
        Max

        On Apr 28, 2004, at 10:40 PM, wncannon wrote:

        > Hello all.  I have a couple of quick questions.
        >
        > I was reading over the information I got in NY with my CSQ and there
        > are two things that are not clear.
        >
        > Now, do I request the FBI report and the finger prints before
        > sending in my information to to Buffalo?  Or, do I wait for them?
        > On the paper I have it says I must submit seven items for my file to
        > be complete.  Number six is a police certificate.  However, on page
        > 3 it says that when requesting my police certificate I should send
        > the letter I get from Buffalo.  I am a little confused.  How can I
        > send it in to complete my file if I have to wait for them to send me
        > a letter.  Is this same with the medical??
        >
        > Thanks all.
        > Wes
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > Service.

      • Wesley Cannon
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 28, 2004
          Thanks Max:)  I just send the fingerprints and the letter, right?  I don't have to submit a request.  Isn't that what the letter is for?

          Thanks so much for your info Max.  How far along are you and your family in the process?  Excuse me if you have already posted that information, but I have quite busy lately and have not been too up-to-date on the chat forum.

          Have a nice night.
          Wes

          Maximiliano Pilipis <maxpilipis@...> wrote:
          Hey Wes,

          That letter it mention is a letter that is in the same set of
          instructions, and is not something that buffalo sends. Take a look on
          the instructions, the forth or the fifth page is an actual letter that
          you have to send along with your request to the FBI. BUT before you
          send that, you have to go to a police station, ask for an FBI
          fingerprint card, get yours and your partner fingerprints, and send the
          request along with 18 dolars and the letter.

          Hope it helps.
          Max

          On Apr 28, 2004, at 10:40 PM, wncannon wrote:

          > Hello all.  I have a couple of quick questions.
          >
          > I was reading over the information I got in NY with my CSQ and there
          > are two things that are not clear.
          >
          > Now, do I request the FBI report and the finger prints before
          > sending in my information to to Buffalo?  Or, do I wait for them?
          > On the paper I have it says I must submit seven items for my file to
          > be complete.  Number six is a police certificate.  However, on page
          > 3 it says that when requesting my police certificate I should send
          > the letter I get from Buffalo.  I am a little confused.  How can I
          > send it in to complete my file if I have to wait for them to send me
          > a letter.  Is this same with the medical??
          >
          > Thanks all.
          > Wes
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          > Service.

        • Max Pilipis
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 29, 2004
            Hey Wes,

            Anytime!... Actually, you just send the fingerprints, the letter (that as
            you said is the actual request) and a money order for $18 for each of you
            ($36 total).

            I'm actually preety much where you are on the process. After my interview
            I traveled to Argentina for a couple of weeks, so I didn't do much. I
            wrote the FBI about 1 1/2 ago asking for the fingerprint card and I'm
            still waiting for it.

            You might want to go to your local police station, and ask them if they
            have the card already, a lot of police stations around the country already
            have the card, and then you would have saved yourself like two weeks. Here
            is how the card looks like: http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/PDF/fpcardb.pdf
            and the federal code for it is FD-258.

            Here is more info about the whole process too:
            http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.html

            I hope this helps.

            Max