French Requirement Relaxed?

  • Rich
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 1, 2004
      Folks,

      Hot off the press!!! The CSQ website indicates that the French
      requirement has been relaxed! Apparently, they have indicated that
      sufficient know-how of English (demonstrated by proof of course) is
      sufficient..
    • Gokul R
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 1, 2004
        Salut Rich,
        Do you know the link? I am not able to find it. By the way is it for
        English or French?

        ~Gokul

        --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "Rich" <umkumiut00@y...>
        wrote:
        > Folks,
        >
        > Hot off the press!!! The CSQ website indicates that the French
        > requirement has been relaxed! Apparently, they have indicated that
        > sufficient know-how of English (demonstrated by proof of course)
        is
        > sufficient..
      • Ravi Rao
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 1, 2004
          * Rich [Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 01:59:55AM -0000]:

          > Hot off the press!!! The CSQ website indicates that the French
          > requirement has been relaxed! Apparently, they have indicated that
          > sufficient know-how of English (demonstrated by proof of course) is
          > sufficient..

          As Gokul said, I would appreciate a link too.

          In any case, I think that would be pretty damn inconsistent, and
          rather "bizarre" behavior of the MRCI to behave thusly. I mean, I know quite
          a few cases where much grief was given due to the lack of adequate french
          skills including even Gokul on this mailing list itself. And no, he isn't
          the only one. I know several others who went thro' similar stuff.

          Besides, the Overseas Processing Manual[2] for Quebec Skilled Workers,
          OP-7A [1] states quite clearly on page 2 that one of the goals of the Quebec
          skilled worker immigration program is to infact increase the proportion of
          francophone immigration -- why on earth would the MRCI suddenly go in
          violation of a federal government approved manual?

          --ravi.

          [1] http://www.cic.gc.ca/manuals-guides/english/op/op07ae.pdf
          [2] http://www.cic.gc.ca/manuals-guides/english/op/index.html

          --
          destructive real bogus cs geek
        • Ravi Rao
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 1, 2004
            * Gokul R [Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 02:13:29AM -0000]:

            > Do you know the link? I am not able to find it. By the way is it for
            > English or French?

            I cannot find it either. In any case, I suppose you already checked
            the actively updated "News" page, right?

            http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/anglais/plan/news.html

            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 1, 2004
              hmmm...Dont tell me that was a April fool message!!!!!

              wrote:
              > Folks,
              >
              > Hot off the press!!! The CSQ website indicates that the French
              > requirement has been relaxed! Apparently, they have indicated that
              > sufficient know-how of English (demonstrated by proof of course)
              is
              > sufficient..
            • Rich
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 1, 2004
                Yes!!!...and happy to find out that you are too late to realize it
                ami!!

                You & Ravi just donned the 'April Fool Dunce' hat....he..he!

                (I was kinda hoping you had more members in your Fools club..guess
                should have posted the 'Breaking' news a little earlier in the day).

                --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "Gokul R" <cgk_79@y...>
                wrote:
                > hmmm...Dont tell me that was a April fool message!!!!!
                >
                > --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "Rich" <umkumiut00@y...>
                > wrote:
                > > Folks,
                > >
                > > Hot off the press!!! The CSQ website indicates that the French
                > > requirement has been relaxed! Apparently, they have indicated
                that
                > > sufficient know-how of English (demonstrated by proof of course)
                > is
                > > sufficient..
              • Ravi Rao
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 1, 2004
                  * Rich [Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 04:32:15AM -0000]:

                  > You & Ravi just donned the 'April Fool Dunce' hat....he..he!

                  Whatever :)

                  I wish I had more time to play mind games on the internet ...

                  --ravi.
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 1, 2004
                    :) I was actually felling bad from morning that, I wasn't able to
                    read one good april fool message; well, you pulled a good one.

                    wrote:
                    > Yes!!!...and happy to find out that you are too late to realize it
                    > ami!!
                    >
                    > You & Ravi just donned the 'April Fool Dunce' hat....he..he!
                    >
                    > (I was kinda hoping you had more members in your Fools club..guess
                    > should have posted the 'Breaking' news a little earlier in the
                    day).

                    > --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "Gokul R" <cgk_79@y...>
                    > wrote:
                    > > hmmm...Dont tell me that was a April fool message!!!!!
                    > >
                    > > --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "Rich"
                    <umkumiut00@y...>
                    > > wrote:
                    > > > Folks,
                    > > >
                    > > > Hot off the press!!! The CSQ website indicates that the French
                    > > > requirement has been relaxed! Apparently, they have indicated
                    > that
                    > > > sufficient know-how of English (demonstrated by proof of
                    course)
                    > > is
                    > > > sufficient..
                  • Karen
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 1, 2004
                      In their plan for 2004 immigration on the wbsite Quebec government indicates that they expect 50% of applicants to be francophone, this is even more than in 2003. Doesnt look like relaxation :)

                    • Minerva Fernandez

                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 2, 2004
                          Mini & Karen!

                          Let me know if you still need me to post that link! ;)

                          Rich

                          --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, Minerva Fernandez
                          <mini2404@y...> wrote:
                          > Hi Rich
                          >
                          > Can you post the link????
                          >
                          > Thanks!!!
                          >
                          > Rich <umkumiut00@y...> wrote:
                          > Folks,
                          >
                          > Hot off the press!!! The CSQ website indicates that the French
                          > requirement has been relaxed! Apparently, they have indicated that
                          > sufficient know-how of English (demonstrated by proof of course)
                          is
                          > sufficient..

                          Service.

                          > Yahoo! Small Business $15K Web Design Giveaway - Enter today
                        • Minerva Fernandez
                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 2, 2004
                            Sorry... I did not read the rest of the messages before posting mine.... :-(((((

                            <mini2404@y...> wrote:
                            > Hi Rich

                            > Can you post the link????

                            > Thanks!!!
                            >
                            > Rich <umkumiut00@y...> wrote:
                            > Folks,
                            >
                            > Hot off the press!!! The CSQ website indicates that the French
                            > requirement has been relaxed! Apparently, they have indicated that
                            > sufficient know-how of English (demonstrated by proof of course)
                            is
                            > sufficient..

                            Service.