      From: immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of mehmet_tuncer
      Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2007 11:56 AM
      To: immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [ImmigrationQuebec] Dramatic increase in median waiting times

      Hi all,

      I have a QSC and I have recently filed the federal application in
      Ankara.

      In 2006 the median waiting time for Quebec selected applicants was 6
      months for Ankara, which was based the actual completion times in
      2005. Now the immigration website shows that the median waiting time
      for Quebec selected applicants is 24 months, which is based on the
      actual completion times in 2006. This is the longest median waiting
      time for Quebec selected applicants among all the immigration offices
      in the world.

      My question is that what would be the reason of such a dramatic
      increase? Since in the previous years the median waiting times for
      this catagory was around 6 months and most of the cases are completed
      in less than 1 year, can we say that they cleared the pending
      applications in 2006?

      Thanks,

      Mehmet