2973RE: [ImmigrationQuebec] High Competition : Jim Davis

  • Jim Davis
    Jul 2, 2005
      Mario,

      Don't be so suspicious as many other people. I am an immigrant too. I have 20 years living in Canada. I have met many nice and good Canadian born people as well as many nice immigrants. I don’t hold bias about people.

      Jim

      Mario Mauricio <mnicolasmh@...> wrote:
      Thanks for your answers too Jim. As a new immigrant with a good job in my
      profession I agree with you in the importance for the newcomers to know the
      Canadian reality.

      What I'm not so sure is about your motivation to send us this "valuable"
      information. I just wanted to know if you're a xenophobic (sorry about the
      adjective) Canadian trying to keep out all those immigrants that come to
      YOUR country to take YOUR job: "Is this extreme competition good for
      Canadians and immigrants?" you say.
      That was the reason for my first and more important question, the only one
      you avoided.

      What I, and maybe the group, would appreciate is your advice, other than
      "don't come, in how to deal with this situation. Based in what you send, I'm
      sure you've found very good information about what a new immigrant should
      (or shouldn't) do in order to minimize all those odds. So, you could help
      the group by telling us the real "whole reality" of the immigration to
      Canada, and not only the ugly side of it (which is as dishonest as tell us
      only the pretty face of it). That way the newcomers will know all faces of
      immigration, what they probably should do, what opportunities and problems
      they'll find; so it will be really up to each one to make a decision about
      immigrating or not.

      Are you able, or willing, to give us that kind of information too?
      I hope yes.

      Regards,
      Mario.