2523Re: Self Financial sufficiency

  • Naughty Jimmy
    Dec 17, 2004
      Hi Ilyas,

      First of all, please keep in mind that I'm no expert, so don't take my
      advice for Gospel truth.

      > Many thanks to ducthanhcanada, prady nilson and naughty jimmy for
      their vaulable inputs, however in Immigration quebec website it has
      given that we must carry $2446 for the first 3 months expenses, so is
      it the minimum amount we must carry???

      I believe it's the minimum amount you have to prove you possess when
      submitting your *Quebec* immigration application.

      http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/anglais/immigration/permanent-worker/definitions.html#financial-selfsufficient
      > Then what about the $ 9897 which has given in the federal website???
      > http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/qual-4.html

      I believe it's the minimum amount you have to prove you possess when
      submitting your *Federal* immigration application.

      > Being a quebec nominee, which one (either quebec or federal) should
      we suppose to follow and if I am carrying $2446 along with me, will it
      be any problem with immigration officer at the airport???

      Frankly, I don't know which amount applies to Quebec nominees,
      but anyway, once again, don't carry much cash while travelling,
      because it's dangerous to carry large amounts of cash.

      I believe you should prepare to produce to customs/immigration officer
      when landing some sort of bank statement proving the amount of your funds.

      > Secondly I am a UK resident and HSBC account holder, will it be
      alright if I carry only HSBC bank statement??? rather than draft or
      travellers cheques along with me as HSBC also have presence in Canada
      and the bank is very flexible globally for all its services???

      I assume a bank statement is OK.

      Good luck,

      Cheers,

      Jimmy