2520Re: [ImmigrationQuebec] Re: Self Financial sufficiency

  • ali mir ilyas
    Dec 13 7:05 PM
      Many thanks to ducthanhcanada, prady nilson and naughty jimmy for their vaulable inputs, however in Immigration quebec website it has given that we must carry $2446 for the first 3 months expenses, so is it the minimum amount we must carry???
      http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/anglais/immigration/permanent-worker/definitions.html#financial-selfsufficient
      Then what about the $ 9897 which has given in the federal website???
      http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/qual-4.html

      Being a quebec nominee, which one (either quebec or federal) should we suppose to follow and if I am carrying $2446 along with me, will it be any problem with immigration officer at the airport???

      Secondly I am a UK resident and HSBC account holder, will it be alright if I carry only HSBC bank statement??? rather than draft or travellers cheques along with me as HSBC also have presence in Canada and the bank is very flexible globally for all its services???

      Thanks in advance.
      -Ilyas
      ducthanhcanada <ducthanhcanada@...> wrote:

      Check in Immigration Quebec website, I remember it should cover your
      living of the first 3 months. You shouldn't bring cash along with you
      as it's dangerous practice.

      You're better land in Quebec. First, to show your good faith, second,
      Quebec has a better support for new immigrant. (My friend study full-
      time French for free and got bursary around 500 CAD a month)

      Hope it helps.

      --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, prady nilson
      <prady_nilson@y...> wrote:
      > Hi ali,
      > I think u shd take the money u had mentioned in CSQ
      application....Cash shd be ok if its not in coins...I thing u have to
      land in quebec...catch a flight to montreal...

      > pradeep
      >
      > ali mir ilyas <ilyas_irfan@y...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > Being skilled worker Quebec nominee immigrant, how much money one
      should possess during landing time at the airport to immigration
      officer???

      > Can we take cash along with us???
      >
      > Could immigrant land at any Canadian airport or he/she should land
      only in Quebec region???

      > Thanks in advance
      >
      > -Ilyas.

      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT