2226Re: [ImmigrationQuebec] Looking for information on Temporary Residency?

  • Ravi Rao
    Oct 4, 2004
      What exactly do you mean by "temporary residency" ? If you mean the english
      meaning of it, well, the only way (as I see it) is if you get work permits.
      If you mean the C&IC definition (with legalese), you have to meet the
      requirements -- you have to prove there is sufficient need for you to
      physically be present in Canada but there is no possibly way of admitting
      you. e.g. If you are refugee-like and your home country is in war, etc. or
      you are being persecuted etc. I don't think you stand a chance as a US
      Citizen.

      If you are a foreigner and want to work, you have to get work permits.

      --ravi.

      * Mariza Espino [Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 04:18:11AM -0000]:

      --
      Universities are places of knowledge. The freshman each bring a little
      in with them, and the seniors take none away, so knowledge accumulates.