Re: [Immigration Canada] Police Clearance, IELTS doubts

  • Sonia
    Message 1 of 8 , May 19, 2003
      Hi Lata,
      It is advisable to take the IELTS exam coz you will know for certain how many marks you score in the language criteria...or you will have to depend on the visa officer to grant marks to you ...both my husband adn I took this exam...this is not a very easy exam.
      if you score a total of 7 points or more then you get the full points for english language.
      you have to send in the original score sheel from IELTS along with the application.
      you will find all info on thier website at http://www.ielts.org/

      regarding police clearance you do not have to obtain PC from India ..coz they will do it on their own and you will have to get the clearance from USA only if the VISA officer tells you
      all the best
      Sonia

      cute babe <cutebabe840@...> wrote:
      Hello Everybody,

      I am planning to apply for Canada immigration(Buffalo). I am currently
      living in USA for past 3 years, before that i was living in India.
      1. Do I need to get Police clearance from both India and USA?
      2. Is it necessary to send Police clearance certificates along with
      application? or can i send it later on?
      3. I have done my education in English. Do i still need to give IELTS?
      If yes, where can i find information about it and where can i give
      this test? Do I need to send IELTS score along with application or can
      i send it later on?

      Thanks.

      Have a Wonderful Day ;)

      Lata

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • Lata
      Message 2 of 8 , May 19, 2003
        Thanks Sonia for your quick response to my query. Can
        you please tell me how much time it takes to get IELTS
        score card? Is is necessary for my husband to take
        this test as well? How much preparation time will be
        sufficient to get score of 7 and above?

        Thanks,
        -lata

        Message 3 of 8 , May 19, 2003
          WHAT R U MEAN BY ALL THAT MESSAGE
          I NEED TO KNOW THET STIPS TO DO TO GO CANADA
          HELP
          AHMED

          http://search.yahoo.com
        • mintoob@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 8 , May 19, 2003
            Hi Sonia and Lata,

            I applied for immigration under skilled class in Nov
            02. I have done my MS in US and have give TOEFL. I
            have also worked in US for 5 years.

            I have not given IELTS hoping that my education in US
            and my experience can replace it.

            So if you also are in the same boat, you might wanna
            consider getting just the experience letter from
            companies saying that medium of communication was in
            English.

            MB

            http://search.yahoo.com
          • Gem
            Message 5 of 8 , May 19, 2003
              Hi, I have taken IELTS for the same purpose. If you need an express delivery for the results (ofcourse you have to pay more) you will get thre results within 4 days; on the otherhand results will be published within 2 weeks after the exam. I read from Sonia's mail that her spouse also took IELTS. As far as I understood, only the prime applicant has to take the test. Somebody, please clarify this issue. About the preparation time; all depends on your present level of language skills. Anyhow, please see that the test is very tricky. If you appear for it without any preparation, perhaps you may not get the required band of 7 for all modules (viz. Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking). 2 flavours of IELTS are General and Academic. For immigration purpose you must appear for General Training modules of IELTS.
              Best regards, Gem
              Lata <cutebabe840@...> wrote:Thanks Sonia for your quick response to my query. Can

              --- Sonia <durabledeals@...> wrote:
              > Hi Lata,
              > It is advisable to take the IELTS exam coz you will
              > know for certain how many marks you score in the
              > language criteria...or you will have to depend on
              > the visa officer to grant marks to you ...both my
              > husband adn I took this exam...this is not a very
              > easy exam.
              > if you score a total of 7 points or more then you
              > get the full points for english language.
              > you have to send in the original score sheel from
              > IELTS along with the application.
              > you will find all info on thier website at
              > http://www.ielts.org/
              >
              > regarding police clearance you do not have to obtain
              > PC from India ..coz they will do it on their own and
              > you will have to get the clearance from USA only if
              > the VISA officer tells you
              > all the best
              > Sonia
              >
              > cute babe <cutebabe840@...> wrote:
              > Hello Everybody,
              >
              > I am planning to apply for Canada
              > immigration(Buffalo). I am currently
              > living in USA for past 3 years, before that i was
              > living in India.
              > 1. Do I need to get Police clearance from both India
              > and USA?
              > 2. Is it necessary to send Police clearance
              > certificates along with
              > application? or can i send it later on?
              > 3. I have done my education in English. Do i still
              > need to give IELTS?
              > If yes, where can i find information about it and
              > where can i give
              > this test? Do I need to send IELTS score along with
              > application or can
              > i send it later on?
              >
              > Thanks.
              >
              > Have a Wonderful Day ;)
              >
              > Lata
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              > Terms of Service.

              > removed]

            • Farouk, Bassem
              Message 6 of 8 , May 19, 2003
                www.cic.gc.ca
                visit that ahmed and read

                regards,
                bassem

                Message 7 of 8 , May 20, 2003
                  Hi gem,
                  My Spouse and I took the IELTS exam only because we wanted to show to the canadian officer that both of us had a good command over the eng language.....my husband is the primary applicant and I am his dependent ...i am also enclosing my educational qualifications...so it was just our choice to take the exam ....it is not compulsary for your spouse to take it...only the primary applicant will get the points for it....regarding prep there is hardly you can prepare from except just practicing comprehension passages and ans the qs ...i practised comprehension from the GMAT prep books available.
                  the test is not easy ...also the interview or the speaking was very tough
                  best of luck
                  Sonia