Re: anyone still waiting for the interview date? any success stories?

  • g_m111
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 7, 2003
      Hi

      I had got my file no. on 28th Jan 2002
      Received my medicals on March 19th 2003

      In the papers they say not to get the medicals done before I get the
      letter from the interviewing office confirming the date and time of
      the interview at LA (I am in US). They have said this will take
      anywhere from 7-10 months.

      So same situation as you both. It seems that it does take that much
      time.

      One confusing thing: My lawyer is after me to get the medicals done
      ASAP. He says that wil cpmplete my application and then they will
      decide if I will have an interview, whereas in the papers it is pan
      marked that I will be interviewd in LA.
    • g_m111
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 24, 2003
        fixbo

        Since we are three in the same boat, I was curious to ask, have you
        also received your medical forms. The reason I asked this is that I
        have received the medical forms for both me and my husband, but there
        is also a letter in the same packet, that says not to get them done
        until my interview date and time is fixed.

        My lawyer says that is a standard letter, and so we are getting the
        medicals done, although it doesn't seem right to us, but then there
        is no harm, I suppose.

        g_m111
      • g_m111

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 25, 2003
            Hi g_m111,

            Thanks for the inquiry. Yes, I've received my medical forms along
            with the letter. From what I understand, the medical exam will be
            good for a certain period of time (I am not sure if it's a year or
            six months). In other words, the medical result will be valid only
            for certain period of time. In order to avoid redoing your exam
            unnecessarily, it is preferable to follow the official instruction
            and wait to procede until one's interview date is set. But if one is
            certain that doing otherwise will not jeopardize the validity of the
            medical exam, I don't see why one shouldn't do so. But certainly for
            me, following the official instruction makes more sense. And I wish
            everyone good luck!

            --- In immigrationcanada@yahoogroups.com, "g_m111" <g_m111@y...>