Re: [Immigration Canada] Re: processing times

  • ramesh panigrahi
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2003
      hai
      same here,ithas been 18 months ,recently appearedfor ielts scored overall band 5.5 , reading 4.5, writing 6 speaking 6 listening 5.5 is this ok for submission to cic french i have done upto 100 hrs study only , should isubmit my ielts results or again i should appear for it to score 7
      anybody there to hepl me or guide me.
      ramesh
      Mustafa <star292@...> wrote:Processing times have slowed time considerably.
      My own independent application has entered the 18th month now so I feel
      surprised when new new applicants start faxing the embassy after 6
      months.Actually 24 months is what is stated on the letter which I received
      as AOR so I am patient but anxious as to what the future holds.The only
      regret is that you go through a long tunnel only to find it blocked at the
      end.The good news is that I may continue to be assessed on the old points
      system.
      Last year I read somewhere that there was a backlog of some 500,000 pending
      applications worldwide.The only way for the CIC to clear the backlog and to
      relieve themselves of the enormity of the task of clearing that huge backlog
      is to expedite the processing fast.One thinks that 18 months is still a
      fairly long time to process a single person's application,even 6 months is
      fair enough but 2 to 3 years is not fair.One invests a lot of time and money
      on planning to immigrate and things change fast in that long period of time.
      CIC affects our lives just as anything else because it is not without reason
      that we keep on checking updates and posts on this forum to see whether
      things are getting better at CIC but for now it looks like watching the
      grass grow.

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT