Re: IELTS (for sonia)

  • Sherry G Bruan
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2003
      hi, sonia! thanks for replying. i'll be taking the test this april 5.
      do you have your test results already?

      regarding the reading comprehension,
      > can you read the questions first before the text?
      > do they you tell you how much time is left? is there a big countdown timer you can see to check elapsed time? or you can just depend on your watch?
      > can i bring cellphone inside the test room? since some cellphones have countdown timer

      any example on what time of questions are being asked in the speaking test?

      thanks a lot,
      sherry

      _______________________________________
      EDSAMAIL. Internet the way YOU WANT IT.
      www.edsamail.com.ph
    • durabledeals
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 31, 2003
        Dear Sherry ,
        the reading cmprehension is not very tough...i mean in terms of time
        they give you the question paper and you are expected to answer the
        questions in 40 minutes...they do not pester youy ..it is quite
        comfortable...infact the reading comprehension is the most
        comfortable and you will have time to do it nicely ...only the last
        passage is little difficult and lenghty with tricky questions so be
        careful with that.
        Also for speaking they asked me questions like
        1.who does the shopping in the house hold
        2.where do u like to shop and why?
        3.what kind of stores do u prefer and why
        5.what dont you like about shopping.
        6.they aslso asked me questions like which cityh of US do u
        live..why do u like it and why not?
        what can you improve about the city..so be prepared to talk nicely
        on this.
        they will record your conversation so that they can grade it later.
        they will give you a topic to speak on for one minite and then also
        ask you questions on it.
        basically the listening and speaking parts of the tests are not
        easy ..one has to remain calm and try n answer to the best of
        knowledge.
        i hope this helps
        all the best
        if you have any more questions be free to ask
        Sonia
        p.s-ye si have my test results i scored 8 ie overall grade...ifh you
        can get an overall of 7 or more you can get high efficiency in
        canadian language skills

        --- In immigrationcanada@yahoogroups.com, "Sherry G Bruan"