Re: [Immigration Canada] Re: moving to Canada

  • Janelle Eggleston :o)
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 19, 2003
      can you offer more info on misc.immigration.canada
      Ive never heard of it!
      TIA
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 19, 2003
        --- In immigrationcanada@yahoogroups.com, "Janelle Eggleston :o\)"
        <eggleston@c...> wrote:
        > can you offer more info on misc.immigration.canada
        > Ive never heard of it!
        > TIA

        It is a newsgroup that discusses Canadian immigration issues -- much
        like this one (OK, so Yahoo groups are not technically newsgroups),
        but much more clueful. :-)

        If your ISP doesn't carry it, you can access it through Google:

        http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-
        8&group=misc.immigration.canada

        or if that doesn't work, go to www.google.com, click "Groups", click
        "misc.", click "misc.immigration", click "misc.immigration.canada".

        Elze
      • Janelle Eggleston :o)
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 19, 2003
          Thank you VERY much!

        • neil.reynolds1@ukonline.co.uk
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 20, 2003
            I am going on Holiday to Vancouver in May, on a fact finding mission
            (this is where my family & I hope to settle).

            Can anyone recommend some nice neighbourhoods to check out, with a view
            to living there.

            Also which of the surrounding towns / villages / suburbs etc are worth
            checking out ??

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=246920.2960106.4328965.2848452/D=egroupweb/S=1706
            127678:HM/A=1481646/R=0/*http:/www.gotomypc.com/u/tr/yh/cpm/grp/300_flak
            e/g22lp?Target=mm/g22lp.tmpl>

            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=246920.2960106.4328965.2848452/D=egrou
            pmail/S=:HM/A=1481646/rand=601379544>

          • neil.reynolds1@ukonline.co.uk

              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 20, 2003
                Hi Neil,

                Here are some Vancouver neighbourhoods that are worth checking out:

                1. Robson Street: Shopping and food
                2. Granville Island: Great public market, art shops, theatre
                3. Granville Street between W. 6th Ave and W. 16th Ave. (I thnk it
                is called Antique Row): Lots of Antique shops
                4. Kitsilano: W. 4th Ave & W. Broadway
                5. UBC - University of British Columbia
                6. Spanish Banks
                7. English Bay (West End)
                8. Stanley Park

                In North Vancouver:
                1. Grouse Mountain
                2. Capilano Bridge
                3. Mt Seymour
                4. Lynn Valley

                Here's an excellent site on Vancouver:
                http://www.vancouver.hm/vanframe.html

                And here's my own site about moving to Vancouver:
                http://www.canadaho.com

                Hope you enjoy Vancouver.

                --Rajan

                --- In immigrationcanada@yahoogroups.com, <neil.reynolds1@u...>
                wrote:
                > I am going on Holiday to Vancouver in May, on a fact finding
                mission
                > (this is where my family & I hope to settle).
                >
                > Can anyone recommend some nice neighbourhoods to check out, with a
                view
                > to living there.
                >
                > Also which of the surrounding towns / villages / suburbs etc are
                worth
                > checking out ??

              • walter lotje
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 21, 2003
                  It all depends what your price range is. Why don�t you
                  look for downtown or West End hotel or BB
                  accommodation. From there, you can explore an array of
                  neighborhoods. I�ve always lived on the North Shore,
                  and my view is slightly biased. However, it may be
                  worthwhile looking at North and West Vancouver first.
                  Better outdoor value, quieter than the West End, good
                  schools, and stunning views would make that part of
                  the metropolitan area my first choice.

                  Walt
                  --- neil.reynolds1@... wrote:
                  > I am going on Holiday to Vancouver in May, on a fact
                  > finding mission
                  > (this is where my family & I hope to settle).
                  >
                  > Can anyone recommend some nice neighbourhoods to
                  > check out, with a view
                  > to living there.
                  >
                  > Also which of the surrounding towns / villages /
                  > suburbs etc are worth
                  > checking out ??

                  > Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months
                  > FREE*.
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=246920.2960106.4328965.2848452/D=egroupweb/S=1706

                  127678:HM/A=1481646/R=0/*http:/www.gotomypc.com/u/tr/yh/cpm/grp/300_flak