Re: [Immigration Canada] Citizenship

  • walter lotje
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2003
      Entering Canada on a student authorization while at
      the same time processing landing papers is risky. On
      landing, you may be found a non legitimate immigrant.
      I�d only proceed, if the student visa expires before
      landing papers are issued, and if the immigration
      authorities are aware of your prior stay in Canada.

      --- muratusta <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > Dear fellow club members, I plan to enter Canada on
      > a student visa
      > while my immigration visa is still being processed.
      >
      > Is the time I spend on a student visa in Canada
      > included in the 3
      > year period required for citizenship if I take
      > permanent resident
      > status while I am in Canada?
      >
      > Thank you
      >
      > Murat