  • kazmit
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2003
      hello all!

      I am a Canadian citizen and I would like to sponsor my wife for PR.
      We were engaged the last summer and married in December 2002.
      Currently, I do not hold any job and out of school. Besides, I have
      not earned any income the last two years(because I was a student). I
      am likely to re-join school in the summer of '03(my area of study
      is computer science).

      Also, I do not disqualify on the grounds specifically stated by CIC
      (ie. no assistance ever taken, no bankruptacies, no prior
      sponsorships, no criminal record etc)

      Am I eligible to sponsor?

      Spouses(she's from India) Qualification:
      B.Sc in computers. One year work post-degree experience.

      The lawyer I spoke to, tells me that income requirement does not
      matter to INITIATE a spousal application but could be used in the
      FINAL DECISION to grant the PR. I am confused! Will it enhance our
      chances if its stated in the application that she brings some money
      along with her?

      Thanks in advance
      F A

      http://www.julyfood.com/immigration/faq/family.html