Re: I need all the help I can get!

  • anags
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2002
      Hi Eddy,
      The first place you should start is the Citizenship and Immigration
      Canada (CIC) website: www.cic.gc.ca

      There you will find information on the immigration process,
      specifically, immigrating to Quebec. Quebec has its own selection
      process, in addition to the federal Canadian application. This means
      more forms and more fees. However, you can apply directly to Canada,
      in which case, you would put down a destination city anywhere in
      Canada, but outside of Quebec. Then, once you have landed outside of
      Quebec, you can move to Montreal.

      Your choices for living and working in Montreal are:
      - find someone to hire you and sponsor your work visa (not an easy
      task, but do-able)
      - apply for landed immigrant status.

      You can find information on both these options on the CIC website.
      You will probably end up with more questions, however, so feel free
      to come back and ask ;)
      Alissa

      --- In immigrationcanada@y..., "eddyrose1" <eddyrose1@y...> wrote:
      > If anyone can give me some information on what the formalities are
      > for an american to live and work in Montreal, please feel free to
      > contact me... I would appreciate a response from anyone who is
      > american and already lives up there or somebody who knows what
      steps I can take?