Immigration Canada: PR CARD Window

  • skahmad@canada.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 26, 2002
      This has reference to the PR card application for landed immigrants.

      This is regarding the new Optical readable PR card intended as a
      replacement for the original IMM-1000 form. This seems to have very strict
      time-tables/schedules which is split for immigrants who actually landed in
      specific years such as 2002 (uptil 1-Jul), 2001, 2000, ... Since my own
      landing was on April 3, 2002. According to this I must apply between Oct 15
      - Nov 30, 2002. The process takes 4 weeks, where one need to send out the
      application to Sydney, Nova Scotia from inside Canada, which is also a
      rule. The final cutover for all Landed Immigrants / Permanent Residents is
      set for 31st Dec 2003.

      As it is, my work and children's school engagements here are such that I am
      unable to make this deadline. However, I intend to relocate during summer
      of 2003 - August to be specific. This will be in time for my childrens
      admission to the school too. The underlying fact is that once the new PR
      card is obtained all our movements on exit-reentry ports will be logged.
      Then only the immigration can montior the movements for PR card holders for
      the recursive 5 year slots - where a minimum of at least 2 years must be
      spent inside Canada for each subsequent 5 year slots. The rule also
      encourages PR holders that should they stay in Canada for 3 years then they
      automatically qualify for the Passport and need not apply for this PR card.

      Now the question is can I apply for this card during next Summer - August
      2003, even though I will have missed my allocated window in Oct-Nov 2002?

      Will appreciate a reply or a discussion on this subject.

      Regards,

      S. Khurshid Ahmad
      Manager, Bank Al-Jazira, H.O., IT Division
      POB 6277, Jeddah 21442, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
      W:+966-2 651 8070 Ext2129, Fax:+653 2555, Mbl:+966-555 90 829

      Legal:
      The information contained in this e-mail is confidential. It may also
      be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee you may not copy,
      forward, disclose or use any part of it. If you have received this
      message in error, please delete it and all copies from your system and
      notify the sender immediately by return email.

      E-mail communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely secure, error
      or virus-free. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or
      omissions which arise as a result.

      S. Khurshid Ahmad
      Bank Al-Jazira, POB 6277, Jeddah 21442, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
      W:+966-2 651 8070 Ext2129, Fax:+653 2555, Mbl:+966-555 90 829
      ----------------
      UK Cell:+77 88 911 584, v-mail: US +206 309 1122, UK Yac: 70 92 033161
      email: sk_ahmad61@..., sk_ahmad61@..., khurshid@...
      -----------------

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 26, 2002
          You can.

        • mintoob@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 28, 2002

            I have a quick question.

            Are we supposed to stick our photographs directly on
            the application forms?

            thank
            Manish

            http://sbc.yahoo.com