How do I extend my visitor visa?

  • core8284
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 22, 2010
      If you wish to visit the U.S. for a short duration, you will need a
      visitor (B-2) visa. This visa allows you to spend a limited time in the
      U.S. for pleasure, tourism, or medical treatment. This includes
      recreation and visiting friends or relatives.

      When you enter the U.S. with a B-2 visa, you will receive an I-94 card
      that will be stamped by an immigration officer. This stamp will
      indicate the length of your authorized stay in the United States.

      If you wish to extend your stay as a visitor past the date indicated on
      your I-94 card, you will need to file an application with USCIS. This
      application is filed on Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change
      Nonimmigrant Status
      <http://www.immigrationdirect.com/visas/visitor/Form-I539-Change-or-Exte\
      nd-your-B1-B2-Nonimmigrant-Status.jsp> . You should file this
      application before your current period of authorized stay expires.