permanent resident status

  • wflim_2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2002
      Hi friends!
      As I understand you need to stay 2 out of 5 years to maintain your
      permanent resident status.... May I seek clarification: is this
      applicable for the the first 5 years from the time you landed or is
      on a 5 year period cycle. Furthermore, are you allowed to stay out
      of Canada more than a year during the 5 year period. Lastly, being
      physically present in Canada for 3 years out of 5 years.... is this
      accumulated 3 years or continuous 3 years. How long normally does
      citizenship get process from the time you apply
      Thanks in advance for your kind attention.
      FRED