Volunteers Jobs with tourist visa

  • Luis Fuentes
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 16, 2008
      Hello to everyone,

      I'm in the process of getting the permit to live in Canada as many of you,
      but still there is a long way for that, I just submitted the papers to the
      Canadian Embassy in my country last January.

      I have decided with my wife to have a break from work and spend 2 months in
      Canada next year.

      The questions are:

      Can we work as volunteers with the tourist visa?

      Can we do any other type of activity / work, in order to start getting
      Canadian experience, during these 2 months?

      Many thanks for your answers.

      Best Regards,

      Luis

    • Wagner Cardozo
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 16, 2008
        Hi Luis,
        I spent my last January and February in B. Columbia, almost 3 weeks. There I
        found a volunteer program and I got opportunities in prepare places for
        future events for example.

        But, if you want to work with people (That was my idea because I wanted to
        improve my English), they will need to check your credentials at police
        officer in Canada amd in your origin country, this process can spend more
        than 2 weeks.

        If you want we can talk by msn: cardozowagner@... (Brazil)

        See ya
        Wagner.

        2008/10/16 Luis Fuentes <Luis_Fuentes@...>

        > Hello to everyone,
        >
        > I'm in the process of getting the permit to live in Canada as many of you,
        > but still there is a long way for that, I just submitted the papers to the
        > Canadian Embassy in my country last January.
        >
        > I have decided with my wife to have a break from work and spend 2 months in
        > Canada next year.
        >
        > The questions are:
        >
        > Can we work as volunteers with the tourist visa?
        >
        > Can we do any other type of activity / work, in order to start getting
        > Canadian experience, during these 2 months?
        >
        > Many thanks for your answers.
        >
        > Best Regards,
        >
        > Luis

      • mimikos athanassiadis
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 16, 2008
          Hello Luis,

          Be careful. Work even without being paid for it can be considered work and you may need a work permit to do such things.

          Mimikos Athanassiadis
          Avocat/Barrister & Solicitor
          3438 Hutchison Street
          Montreal, Qc H2X 2G4
          Tel: (514) 849-7345 Fax: (514) 904-9581

          No content of this email should be construed as a legal opinion. Only a professional consultation with a lawyer should be undertaken for a proper legal consultation.
          Member of the Quebec Bar Association-www.barreau.qc.ca
          Member of the Quebec Immigration lawyers Association- www.aqaadi.com

          I spent my last January and February in B. Columbia, almost 3 weeks. There I

          found a volunteer program and I got opportunities in prepare places for

          future events for example.

          But, if you want to work with people (That was my idea because I wanted to

          improve my English), they will need to check your credentials at police

          officer in Canada amd in your origin country, this process can spend more

          than 2 weeks.

          If you want we can talk by msn: cardozowagner@ hotmail.com (Brazil)

          See ya

          Wagner.