PROCESSING TIME - FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER - NEW DELHI - JUNE 2002

  • Anuj Bhasin
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 20, 2007
      I applied to CIC New Delhi under Federal Skilled Worker Category on my
      own (no consultant) and got my file number on 15th June 2002. Later,
      i updated my file with new forms, family additions but i have not
      received any communication from CIC, New Delhi. Also, Sent reminder in
      October'2006 through fax. As per website, 57 months is average
      processing time for first review. Please advice what should be my next
      step. Has anyone near my date of application heard from CIC
    • Alex
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 23, 2007
        Hi Anuj,

        I also have applied during the same time (May2002) from New Delhi and still waiting for any information. I send an e-mail to CIC last month and got a reply also. Try sending e-mail rather than fax. I sent them a request for changing the mail ID and that is promptly reflected in the status. So I guess the system is working but a bit delayed.

        Regards,
        Alex

        Anuj Bhasin <anujbhasin@...> wrote:
        I applied to CIC New Delhi under Federal Skilled Worker Category on my
        own (no consultant) and got my file number on 15th June 2002. Later,
        i updated my file with new forms, family additions but i have not
        received any communication from CIC, New Delhi. Also, Sent reminder in
        October'2006 through fax. As per website, 57 months is average
        processing time for first review. Please advice what should be my next
        step. Has anyone near my date of application heard from CIC

      • caleb D

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 23, 2007
            Hi!

            CIC changes timelines. You check avg processing time on CIC NEW DELHI website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/times-int/02a-skilled-fed.html
            statistics for jan06-dec06 is 64 months to 69 months. I will be completing waiting period of 60 months shortly and still not heard anything after file number (which i received in 2 months from date of application).

            Avg. Processing time has no relevance as it changes from time to time depending on backlog.

            Looking forward for some positive guidance on immigration front from any member who has any news.

            Cheers!

            Anuj