Re: [Immigration Canada] gay marriage

  • Janet B.
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4 5:16 PM
      This address may help you in understanding your future options. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/sponsor/familymembers.html#sponsoring

      ----- Original Message ----
      From: Brad <ftlbrad@...>
      To: immigrationcanada@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2007 2:09:06 PM
      Subject: [Immigration Canada] gay marriage

      My question is, I am an American and my partner is Mexican. He has
      been in the USA for almost 15 years, he is an illegal Alien. If we get
      married in one of the states that has legalized gay marriage, will this
      help in the future to get some legal status in Canada. We have been
      together for 5 years and we have domestic partnership through my
      company. Where is the gay & lesbian movement going with the immigration
      situation in this country, several other countries already have
      reconized this issue. Please help.

    • joshuasotherparent
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4 7:08 PM
        --- In immigrationcanada@yahoogroups.com, "Janet B."
        <joshuasotherparent@...> wrote:

        > This address may help you in understanding your future options.
        http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/sponsor/familymembers.html#sponsoring

      • Bradley D. Pattison
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 6 6:30 AM
          Mimikos,

          We have an appointment to get his Mexican Passport in May, will this help then in Canada?

          Thanks,
          Brad