Business Immigration Old /New Law

  • mirza baig
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 4, 2006
      Attn : Mimikos

      In the Business Ent.catg., I was selected under the
      old law,as I
      had applied in 2001, my COPR and Ack.of Terms and
      conditions papers
      show the same. Now on sending my Monitoring report the
      Immigration
      dept. informs me that I am under the new law,even
      after sending them
      the papers as evidence they are not ready to accept. I
      have already
      started my business and was to apply for cancellation
      of my landing
      terms and conditions. I shall be grateful if you let
      me know what I must do?

      Baig

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • mimikos athanassiadis
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4, 2006
        Hello Mr. Baig,

        At first glance, you should have been processed under
        the conditions of the old law since you were selected
        prior to january 1st, 2002. I think there must be
        other factors involved.

        Please contact me by phone I require more information.

        Regards,

        Mimikos Athanassiadis
        Avocat/Barrister & Solicitor
        3438 Hutchison Street
        Montreal, Qc H2X 2G4
        Tel: (514) 849-7345
        Fax: (514) 904-9581

        No content of this email should be construed as a legal opinion. Only a professional consultation with a lawyer should be undertaken for a proper legal consultation.

        Member of the Quebec Bar Association-www.barreau.qc.ca
        Member of the Quebec Immigration lawyers Association- www.aqaadi.com

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • mirza baig