HRDC Confirmation

  • Rogerio Reis
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 29, 2006
      Hi there,

      While reading the PDFs downloaded from cic.gc.ca, there's a note
      saying that you don't need proof of funds if you have arranged
      employment.

      But, arranged employment, means that a Canadian company MUST provide
      a confirmation with HRDC that they INTEND to hire you if you became a
      PR. They have to contact HRDC and state that. It doesn't work if you
      just print a monster.ca page with a job offer that matches your
      skills and send it along with your application.

      My question is: Has anyone ever, EVER managed to get a company to
      contact HRDC and confirm their intention to hire you, so HRDC would
      send that confirmation to CIC and makes matters way easier? If so,
      please provide details.

      Thank you all in advance,

      Rogerio Reis
    • mimikos athanassiadis
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 29, 2006
        I assume you are referring the the HRSDC confirmation
        required to work temporarily in Canada. Yes, it is the
        employers duty to apply to HRSDC to explain why it
        must hire a non-national to fill a local job position
        and prove that the company has in vain attempted to
        hire a local without success.

        Hope this helps.

        Mimikos Athanassiadis
        Avocat/Barrister & Solicitor
        3438 Hutchison Street
        Montreal, Qc H2X 2G4
        Tel: (514) 849-7345
        Fax: (514) 904-9581

        No content of this email should be construed as a legal opinion. Only a professional consultation with a lawyer should be undertaken for a proper legal consultation.

        Member of the Quebec Bar Association-www.barreau.qc.ca
        Member of the Quebec Immigration lawyers Association- www.aqaadi.com

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Rogerio Reis
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 29, 2006
          Hi and thank you for your reply.

          No. I really mean HRDC Confirmation for Immigration Visa.

          Please check Factor 5 on this webpage:
          http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applications/guides/EG74.html

          Regards,
          Rogerio

          --- In immigrationcanada@yahoogroups.com, mimikos athanassiadis
          <mimikos1@...> wrote:

          > I assume you are referring the the HRSDC confirmation
          > required to work temporarily in Canada. Yes, it is the
          > employers duty to apply to HRSDC to explain why it
          > must hire a non-national to fill a local job position
          > and prove that the company has in vain attempted to
          > hire a local without success.
          >
          > Hope this helps.
          >

          > Mimikos Athanassiadis
          > Avocat/Barrister & Solicitor
          > 3438 Hutchison Street
          > Montreal, Qc H2X 2G4
          > Tel: (514) 849-7345
          > Fax: (514) 904-9581
          >
          > No content of this email should be construed as a legal opinion.
          Only a professional consultation with a lawyer should be undertaken
          for a proper legal consultation.

          > Member of the Quebec Bar Association-www.barreau.qc.ca
          > Member of the Quebec Immigration lawyers Association- www.aqaadi.com

          > http://mail.yahoo.com

        • mimikos athanassiadis
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 29, 2006
            The procedure is relatively the same as a HRSDC
            confirmation for temporary workers. Your employer must
            contact HRSDC and issue a confirmation but it is not
            as complicated.

            Regards,