Re: [Immigration Canada] Re: Not Canada

  • Juan Perlas
    Message 1 of 6 , May 16, 2006
      pare, noypi ka ba ?

      Carlo Asuncion <casuncio2002@...> wrote: I became a landed immigrant 2 years ago. Like almost all "new" Canadians, I was unemployed for almost 5 months before I decided to take on survival jobs just to get the coveted Canadian work experience. I had short stints as a filing clerk and an outbound call center agent before getting a "real" job two months later. After a year with my first real job, I have now moved to a better position with one of Canada's top employers.

      Overall, I am very happy with my experience so far. The quality of life is what I expected and worth the birth pains of becoming fully employed. A caveat though to others is that experiences vary from individual to individual. I still see it as a gamble, so just weigh your own pros and cons before making a decision.

      One tip I can give to make finding a job easier is to make sure you are bringing a specialized skill. Go to employment sites like workopolis or monster and do a search using your skill as a keyword. There are so many engineers and IT people here, but if you have a specific skill set that not all engineers or other professionals have, then it will make breaking into the job market easier.

      Good luck!

    • Vijesh Jain
      Message 2 of 6 , May 23, 2006
        HI,

        What about teaching skills. I have veru good teaching expereince
        with all kinds of students specially in the area of
        management/business.

        Thks

        Vijesh

        --- In immigrationcanada@yahoogroups.com, Carlo Asuncion