Re: [Immigration Canada] Is this true?

  • niel calma
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 18, 2005
      All work permit or visa needs an opinion from HRSDC. Human Resource Services Development of Canada. This is because All jobs coming from Canada are offered first to Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents. All others need a process to go through to get an HRSDC approval prior to a work permit or visa. Check their website at www.hrsdc.gc.ca.

      Tercel Hawk <tercelhawk@...> wrote:
      Thank you. I checked with them. They said they will process a W1 work visa. Once i receive the visa and i join the company in Canada, then it seems i am elegible for apply for a PR from within Canada. The company says it will be much faster than it normally takes.

      My worry is : are they saying this based on facts or is this baseless?

      help me understand more please.

      And by the way what is HRDC?

      niel calma <n_calma2@...> wrote:
      call the company's telephone number and ask for details such as HRDC opinion, and how are they going to process your work permit. No PR can be processed without going thru an application, this takes 9 mos. to 4 years.

      Tercel Hawk <tercelhawk@...> wrote:
      I recently got a job offer from a company in British Coulumbia. They are telling me if i join them my PR can be processed and received in 6 months. is this true?

      Us immigration and naturalization Immigration and naturalization Us immigration and naturalization service Immigration and naturalization service Federal government labor law Federal government labor law poster

      Us immigration and naturalization Immigration and naturalization Us immigration and naturalization service Immigration and naturalization service Federal government labor law Federal government labor law poster

    • mimikos athanassiadis
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 18, 2005
        Not quite. There are many exceptions that do not
        require HRSDC approval. It depends on your individual
        case especially since you come from the US.

        Regards,

        Mimikos Athanassiadis
        Immigration Attorney

        --- niel calma <n_calma2@...> wrote:

        ---------------------------------
        All work permit or visa needs an opinion from HRSDC.
        Human Resource Services Development of Canada. This
        is because All jobs coming from Canada are offered
        first to Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents.
        All others need a process to go through to get an
        HRSDC approval prior to a work permit or visa. Check
        their website at www.hrsdc.gc.ca.

        Mimikos Athanassiadis
        Avocat/Barrister & Solicitor
        3438 Hutchison Street
        Montreal, Qc H2X 2G4
        Tel/Fax:(514) 849-7345
        mimikos1@...

      • Dave Lympany
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 18, 2005
          Hi

          My friend had a work permit in 6 months but it took a serious effort by the company hiring him and their immigration lawyer. They had to advertise the position nationally to satisfy the HRDC (Human Resources Development Canada) that no Canadian was available, suitably qualified to do the job. You can apply for a visa from within and it should be faster provided everything is in order and attended to promptly.

          I'd try and speak to the professional they are using to get a feel of how serious they are.

          My site has great info that will help you (I'm not a professional just someone who has emigrated):

          http://www.onestopimmigration-canada.com

          Good Luck

          Dave

          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 22, 2005
            Yeah it is true... check out the Provincial Nominee Program it takes only 6 months to get the PR

            immigrationcanada@yahoogroups.com wrote:

            There are 4 messages in this issue.

            Topics in this digest:

            1. Re: Is this true?
            From: niel calma
            2. Re: Is this true?
            From: mimikos athanassiadis
            3. Re: Is this true?
            From: Dave Lympany
            4. REFUGEE
            From: "-=Av!d=-"

            Message: 1

            Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 18:14:53 -0500 (EST)
            From: mimikos athanassiadis

            --- niel calma wrote:

            ---------------------------------
            All work permit or visa needs an opinion from HRSDC.
            Human Resource Services Development of Canada. This
            is because All jobs coming from Canada are offered
            first to Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents.
            All others need a process to go through to get an
            HRSDC approval prior to a work permit or visa. Check
            their website at www.hrsdc.gc.ca.

            Mimikos Athanassiadis
            Avocat/Barrister & Solicitor
            3438 Hutchison Street
            Montreal, Qc H2X 2G4
            Tel/Fax:(514) 849-7345
            mimikos1@...

            Message: 3

            Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 06:42:54 -0000
            From: "-=Av!d=-"
            Subject: REFUGEE

            Hi I want to be a Refugee In Canada.What kind of document I need to
            indicate that my life is in danger? please help me if u know where I
            can find some information about it ... + I'm in Tehran Iran ...

          • mimikos athanassiadis
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 22, 2005
              Like I stated previously, not all cases require a
              HRSDC approval. A perfect example would be the
              Provincial nominee system, Thanks for confirming that,
              Mr. Guria.

              ---------------------------------

              From: niel calma
              2. Re: Is this true?
              From: mimikos athanassiadis
              3. Re: Is this true?
              From: Dave Lympany
              4. REFUGEE
              From: "-=Av!d=-"

              Message: 1
              Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 03:44:08 +1100 (EST)
              From: niel calma

              Tercel Hawk wrote:
              I recently got a job offer from a company in British
              Coulumbia. They are telling me if i join them my PR
              can be processed and received in 6 months. is this
              true?

              Us immigration and naturalization Immigration and
              naturalization Us immigration and naturalization
              service Immigration and naturalization service Federal
              government labor law Federal government labor law
              poster

              Terms of Service.

              Terms of Service.

              Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 18:14:53 -0500 (EST)