how long after the interview...?

  • sqv
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 19, 2005
      Hi all.
      Does anyone know how long Buffalo RPC takes to reach a decision after
      the interview?
      I've already had my medical and security/background checks [interview
      was initially waived; am not sure why they want one now, a year after
      medicals] and am wondering if they'll let me know on the spot or will
      keep me guessing for months again.
      Any advice? Thanks in advance.
    • Ayodele Olagbenro
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 20, 2005
        Sqv,

        It's going to take a long while o

        I ve been on mine since April 2002 when I got AOR

        You've got a long time to wait my brother.

        Welcome to the waiting game..............................................

        Just dont plan about it, forget about it and carry on with life, unless.................

        Us immigration and naturalization Immigration and naturalization Us immigration and naturalization service Immigration and naturalization service Federal government labor law Federal government labor law poster

      • Tercel Hawk
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 15, 2005
          I recently got a job offer from a company in British Coulumbia. They are telling me if i join them my PR can be processed and received in 6 months. is this true?

        • niel calma
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 15, 2005
            call the company's telephone number and ask for details such as HRDC opinion, and how are they going to process your work permit. No PR can be processed without going thru an application, this takes 9 mos. to 4 years.

            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 18, 2005
              Thank you. I checked with them. They said they will process a W1 work visa. Once i receive the visa and i join the company in Canada, then it seems i am elegible for apply for a PR from within Canada. The company says it will be much faster than it normally takes.

              My worry is : are they saying this based on facts or is this baseless?

              help me understand more please.

              And by the way what is HRDC?

              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 18, 2005
                All work permit or visa needs an opinion from HRSDC. Human Resource Services Development of Canada. This is because All jobs coming from Canada are offered first to Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents. All others need a process to go through to get an HRSDC approval prior to a work permit or visa. Check their website at www.hrsdc.gc.ca.

                niel calma <n_calma2@...> wrote:
                call the company's telephone number and ask for details such as HRDC opinion, and how are they going to process your work permit. No PR can be processed without going thru an application, this takes 9 mos. to 4 years.

                Tercel Hawk <tercelhawk@...> wrote:
                I recently got a job offer from a company in British Coulumbia. They are telling me if i join them my PR can be processed and received in 6 months. is this true?

                Us immigration and naturalization Immigration and naturalization Us immigration and naturalization service Immigration and naturalization service Federal government labor law Federal government labor law poster

                Us immigration and naturalization Immigration and naturalization Us immigration and naturalization service Immigration and naturalization service Federal government labor law Federal government labor law poster

              • mimikos athanassiadis
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 18, 2005
                  Not quite. There are many exceptions that do not
                  require HRSDC approval. It depends on your individual
                  case especially since you come from the US.

                  Regards,

                  Mimikos Athanassiadis
                  Immigration Attorney

                  --- niel calma <n_calma2@...> wrote:

                  ---------------------------------
                  All work permit or visa needs an opinion from HRSDC.
                  Human Resource Services Development of Canada. This
                  is because All jobs coming from Canada are offered
                  first to Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents.
                  All others need a process to go through to get an
                  HRSDC approval prior to a work permit or visa. Check
                  their website at www.hrsdc.gc.ca.

                  Mimikos Athanassiadis
                  Avocat/Barrister & Solicitor
                  3438 Hutchison Street
                  Montreal, Qc H2X 2G4
                  Tel/Fax:(514) 849-7345
                  mimikos1@...

                • Dave Lympany
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 18, 2005
                    Hi

                    My friend had a work permit in 6 months but it took a serious effort by the company hiring him and their immigration lawyer. They had to advertise the position nationally to satisfy the HRDC (Human Resources Development Canada) that no Canadian was available, suitably qualified to do the job. You can apply for a visa from within and it should be faster provided everything is in order and attended to promptly.

                    I'd try and speak to the professional they are using to get a feel of how serious they are.

                    My site has great info that will help you (I'm not a professional just someone who has emigrated):

                    http://www.onestopimmigration-canada.com

                    Good Luck

                    Dave

                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 22, 2005
                      Yeah it is true... check out the Provincial Nominee Program it takes only 6 months to get the PR

                      immigrationcanada@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                      There are 4 messages in this issue.

                      Topics in this digest:

                      1. Re: Is this true?
                      From: niel calma
                      2. Re: Is this true?
                      From: mimikos athanassiadis
                      3. Re: Is this true?
                      From: Dave Lympany
                      4. REFUGEE
                      From: "-=Av!d=-"

                      Message: 1

                      Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 18:14:53 -0500 (EST)
                      From: mimikos athanassiadis

                      --- niel calma wrote:

                      ---------------------------------
                      All work permit or visa needs an opinion from HRSDC.
                      Human Resource Services Development of Canada. This
                      is because All jobs coming from Canada are offered
                      first to Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents.
                      All others need a process to go through to get an
                      HRSDC approval prior to a work permit or visa. Check
                      their website at www.hrsdc.gc.ca.

                      Mimikos Athanassiadis
                      Avocat/Barrister & Solicitor
                      3438 Hutchison Street
                      Montreal, Qc H2X 2G4
                      Tel/Fax:(514) 849-7345
                      mimikos1@...

                      Message: 3

                      Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 06:42:54 -0000
                      From: "-=Av!d=-"
                      Subject: REFUGEE

                      Hi I want to be a Refugee In Canada.What kind of document I need to
                      indicate that my life is in danger? please help me if u know where I
                      can find some information about it ... + I'm in Tehran Iran ...

                    • mimikos athanassiadis
                      Message 10 of 12 , Nov 22, 2005
                        Like I stated previously, not all cases require a
                        HRSDC approval. A perfect example would be the
                        Provincial nominee system, Thanks for confirming that,
                        Mr. Guria.

                        ---------------------------------

                        From: niel calma
                        2. Re: Is this true?
                        From: mimikos athanassiadis
                        3. Re: Is this true?
                        From: Dave Lympany
                        4. REFUGEE
                        From: "-=Av!d=-"

                        Message: 1
                        Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 03:44:08 +1100 (EST)
                        From: niel calma

                        Tercel Hawk wrote:
                        I recently got a job offer from a company in British
                        Coulumbia. They are telling me if i join them my PR
                        can be processed and received in 6 months. is this
                        true?

                        Us immigration and naturalization Immigration and
                        naturalization Us immigration and naturalization
                        service Immigration and naturalization service Federal
                        government labor law Federal government labor law
                        poster

                        Terms of Service.

                        Terms of Service.

                        Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 18:14:53 -0500 (EST)