canadian immigration

  • davelympany
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2005
      Hi Everyone

      My family and I arrived in canada in 2003 as permament residents and
      were amazed at how much we didn't know despite thinking we had
      thoroughly researched everything.

      I think the biggest thing was that most oversea's education and/or
      qualifications just don't transfer too well though each province
      does have assessment agencies. I'd recommend that you should find
      out exactly what you need to do to work in the profession you choose
      and then see if you are ok to do it. The only assumption you can
      make is that you'll have to start at the bottom - anything else will
      be a bonus.

      The good news? If you have the passion and drive to move countries
      then any decent employer will hopefully soon see your worth and you
      may move upwards a bit quicker.

      We have a website offering free information on immigration though we
      aren't professional immigration experts (written in our spare time)
      so feel free to visit onestopimmigration-canada.com

      I'll post tips and info here as often as I can but in the meantime
      contact us and we'll try to answer questions as fast as we can.

      Good luck

      Dave Lympany
    • caleb D
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 7, 2005
        hi,

        I had recieved my file number a year ago and just after that I was
        unemployed for 6 months then worked for 4 months and again was
        unemployed for 2 months; I have a total of 3 years and 1 month of work
        experience would it affect my permanent resident visa application for
        Canada?

        Please revert to this as soon as possible.

        Thanks
        Caleb