Re: Tubercluosis

  • Louise Richardson
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 11 3:34 PM
      You might find signs of your wife's TB will show up on her chest x-
      ray.

      When we had our medicals everything when through OK (or so we
      thought). My husband got sent a letter by the CHC saying that a
      nodule (or white mark could be seen on the x-ray). They thought it
      was on his left lung.

      We are all British born and bred and have never suffered with
      anything worse than chicken-pox. As you can imagine it freaked us
      out.

      He rang up the radiographer and the consultant and spoke to them
      both at length. My husband also spoke to them both when he had the x-
      ray repeated.

      The consultant said that the mark on the x-ray was flagged because
      they thought it could be TB. Apparently, signs of scarring from TB
      can show up on x-rays.

      Fortunately in my husbands case it was a vein photographed end-on
      which can also show up as a white nodule. When you repeat the x-
      rays, they take them from 2 different angles to elimiate this. But,
      if your wife has any scarring then it would still show up.

      My advice would be to be honest at your medical and tell everything.
      If you omit to tell something and it shows up, it may set them
      wondering what else you are not telling them.

      Louise

      --- In immigrationcanada@yahoogroups.com, rishi jain
      <rishijain03@y...> wrote:
      > I applied for my Canada immigration from a Middle east country in
      London embassy, recieved my file no. in Oct.2004. Can anyone reply
      to my following queries:-

      > 1.My wife was treated for Tubercluosis in 1995. Will this in any
      way affect my immigration chances during medicals. My consultant
      advised me not to mention this in my application. I have not
      included my family in my application

      > 2. How much months it takes for the Visa to be obtained. My IELTS
      is cleared with 7.5 bands. What are my chances for interview waiver?