Tubercluosis

  • rishi jain
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 8, 2005
      I applied for my Canada immigration from a Middle east country in London embassy, recieved my file no. in Oct.2004. Can anyone reply to my following queries:-

      1.My wife was treated for Tubercluosis in 1995. Will this in any way affect my immigration chances during medicals. My consultant advised me not to mention this in my application. I have not included my family in my application

      2. How much months it takes for the Visa to be obtained. My IELTS is cleared with 7.5 bands. What are my chances for interview waiver?

      Rishi

    • Louise Richardson
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 11, 2005
        You might find signs of your wife's TB will show up on her chest x-
        ray.

        When we had our medicals everything when through OK (or so we
        thought). My husband got sent a letter by the CHC saying that a
        nodule (or white mark could be seen on the x-ray). They thought it
        was on his left lung.

        We are all British born and bred and have never suffered with
        anything worse than chicken-pox. As you can imagine it freaked us
        out.

        He rang up the radiographer and the consultant and spoke to them
        both at length. My husband also spoke to them both when he had the x-
        ray repeated.

        The consultant said that the mark on the x-ray was flagged because
        they thought it could be TB. Apparently, signs of scarring from TB
        can show up on x-rays.

        Fortunately in my husbands case it was a vein photographed end-on
        which can also show up as a white nodule. When you repeat the x-
        rays, they take them from 2 different angles to elimiate this. But,
        if your wife has any scarring then it would still show up.

        My advice would be to be honest at your medical and tell everything.
        If you omit to tell something and it shows up, it may set them
        wondering what else you are not telling them.

        Louise

        --- In immigrationcanada@yahoogroups.com, rishi jain