URGENT: Applied for PR in US can we get stamped in Delhi?

  • prashkalvala
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2005

      I applied for PR under skiled category while in US. Now i am back to
      India. I have cleared all the formalities and got a interview waived.
      The CHC in Newyork asked me to send the passports to US office for
      stamping.

      I want to know if I can request the Canadian consulate, so that I can
      get the PR stamped in New Delhi rather then sending my passports by
      mail.

      Any similar experiences, please share.

      Regards
      Prash
    • Ayaz
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 6, 2005
        I have also applied for the CA immigration while living in Germany and
        I forsee the same situation in my case, therefore I have done some
        reaserch on this issue.
        All CICs all over the world maintain the same policy about this issue,
        its our responsibility to send our passport to the CIC where we have
        applied (in your case in the US) and CIC-New Dehli will NOT stamp the
        PR visa for you unfortunately.
        One more problem current indian laws prohibits sending of passport to
        oversees via post, what you can do is, either carry it with yourself to
        the US (on tourist visa, its an expensive solution) OR you can send it
        with a friend/ relative leaveing for the US, they can send it via mail
        to the CIC from the US, moreover in that case, the CIC in the US will
        never mail it back to you outside the US, so you have to provide a
        mailing address for the passport return back within the US (your
        freind/relative address inside the US), then they can post it to you
        back in India.

        hope this will help
        regards,