Re: [Immigration Canada] SKILLED WORKER VISA A FRAUD ? YES !

  • Alex Cardenas
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 31, 2005
      Hi Mr. Athanassiadis,

      Well, I don't know...this is very suspicius.

      My friends in Canada made the process by themselves...they told me it would not be difficult...but that problem is not that : is to get a job good job in Canada, they told me there is too much competition because there are too many immigrants...and that for each job posting there are like 2000 people or more applying for the same job...so what's going on?

      Besides, If the education is not recognized in Canada, then how some newcomers can get a good job in just one year as you said Mr. Athanassiadis ?

      Canada is supposed to be a very developed country ! so why is so hard to find a job ? I know that other countries could be difficult ...but Canada si supposed to have a very different image internacionally...!! I think they really need is just money and people to work in low-paid jobs...my friends told me the same thing ! it's not fair... But I really are very ungry bucause I checked a lot of information in websites and job sites and they say "is the country with the best standar of life" ..How ??? if you cannot find a job because the education you bring is not recognized ??? I am 35 now and don't have time or money to start studying again !.

      Ony other opinions in this group ???

      Alex

      mimikos athanassiadis <mimikos1@...> wrote:

      To both John and Alex,

      I'm sorry to hear that you're disatisfied with the
      Canadian Immigration process and the prospects of work
      later on. Most, if not all, of my clients were
      successful in applying for visa and the overwhelming
      majority found work in their fields within 1 year, at
      the very latest. I advised client who would have a
      difficult time finding work in advance so they knew,
      if they decided to proceed with the application, what
      to expect once they got their work permits.I still
      maintain proper appreciation of an individual's
      situation and the facts leading up to an application
      for immigration is imperative.

      I would disagree whole heartedly with John's analysis
      of the immigration process and the need for lawyers.
      Yes, anybody can apply to immigrate on their own, fill
      out their own forms and prepare the documents as per
      the requirements. But what happens when after having
      spent $2000 in governements fees, translators, etc you
      realize that the chances were slim from the beginning
      of immigrating or there was a better route to
      immigrate into the country. That money is would have
      been better put to use to hire a lawyer to know if you
      had a good chance at applying in the first place than
      wasting it on a defunct application.

      Finally, if the work situation for foreign trained
      individuals is so bad, there are of course other
      countries who would welcome you but I wonder if it
      would be any better or worse.

      Mimikos Athanassiadis
      Immigration Lawyer/Avocat

      --- John Connor <john_connor3000@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------
      Hi Alex,

      - If you want to apply to the visa you don't need a
      lawyer..!! You can do it by your self. They just want
      to get some money from you.

      - IF you really need to immigrate to Canada because of
      poverty or security problems in your country you can
      apply as a refugee. Companies know that you have good
      skills but they don't want competition in the
      professional fields and they will give you all kind
      of excuses.

      - Yes, Most of the high qualified immigrants cannot
      get a job in Canada. Canada needs labour force, no
      professionals. Given those needs, our Canadian
      immigration system has become an international fraud.
      In the past seven years, Canada has seen an influx of
      engineers, engineering technicians, accountants,
      administrators, doctors, teachers, etc. Most of them
      have been forced to get only low-paid labour jobs.
      Canada immigration system is now breaking
      international HUMAN RIGHTS : 250,000 high qualified
      and educated immigrants per year that apply for the
      "skilled worker" visa, don't get their education
      recognized when they land in Canada !!! Most of them
      are getting horribly fooled with expectations of a
      "better life", discriminated and then forced to work
      in labour jobs to survive when they get excluded of
      equal opportunities in the job market.

      Sorry for the bad news, but it's the truth.

      All the best,

      John

      Alex Cardenas <alex_car3000@...> wrote:
      Hi group,

      I've been read some information about that many
      immigrants cannot get a good job in Canada and that
      the visa is a fraud. I know from some friends in
      Canada, that they are having big trouble finding a
      good job in Canada and I know they are very good
      professionals. Anybody can give more information about
      this ? what's going on? Thanks !!

      Alex

      Terms of Service.

      Terms of Service.