Re: Hi there, immigration waived and waiting for my immigrant visa from buffalo

  • sk_pictian
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2002
      HI ,
      From what I remember that should not be a problem for you. HOwever to
      keep things simple it would be better to have a friends/relatives
      address in the US where the mail could go to. Thats what I have done,
      I have given my friends address since he resides here permanently
      (US). I am a consultant and likely to change cities in a couple months
      but I dont want to go thru the hassle of changing addresses.
      Also , you will now send your police verification along with your
      medical forms right?
      Thanks

      --- In immigrationcanada@y..., "senthil_k_sekar"
      <senthil_k_sekar@y...> wrote:
      > Hi There,
      > I got my immigration waived on april 2002 and till now i'm waiting
      > for my immigration visa from buffalo consulate,I'm presently
      residing
      > in usa. But now i really have to go back to my home country for a
      > long vacation, in this situation can i change my address to my home
      > country? if i change, will the buffalo consulate send my immigrant
      > visa to a country which is different from the country where the
      > application was applied?
      > My intention is to come to canada straight after getting my visa.
      > thanking you in anticipation,
      > senthil
    • deena9275
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2002
        That sounds like the situation that my husband and I were in. I am
        from the US, he is from Jordan. He had to leave the US because our
        papers were not approved there. I had his visa sent over to Jordan
        and he came directly from Jordan to Toronto with no problem. Can
        someone do that for you? If so, you should have no problem.

        <senthil_k_sekar@y...> wrote:
        > Hi There,
        > I got my immigration waived on april 2002 and till now i'm
        waiting
        > for my immigration visa from buffalo consulate,I'm presently
        residing
        > in usa. But now i really have to go back to my home country for a
        > long vacation, in this situation can i change my address to my home
        > country? if i change, will the buffalo consulate send my immigrant
        > visa to a country which is different from the country where the
        > application was applied?
        > My intention is to come to canada straight after getting my visa.
        > thanking you in anticipation,
        > senthil
      • sekar senthil k.
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2002
          thankyou! so much.
          deena9275 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: That sounds like the situation that my husband and I were in. I am

          <senthil_k_sekar@y...> wrote:
          > Hi There,
          > I got my immigration waived on april 2002 and till now i'm
          waiting
          > for my immigration visa from buffalo consulate,I'm presently
          residing
          > in usa. But now i really have to go back to my home country for a
          > long vacation, in this situation can i change my address to my home
          > country? if i change, will the buffalo consulate send my immigrant
          > visa to a country which is different from the country where the
          > application was applied?
          > My intention is to come to canada straight after getting my visa.
          > thanking you in anticipation,
          > senthil

        • amdk11
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 6, 2002
            buffalo will not mail visa to an address outside US/Canada. u have
            to provide a US/Canadian address. u will no longer get a Landing
            paper as in the past, u'll be asked to send in ur passport to get
            the visa stamped.